His words sting, my eyes watering as Zion simply takes my left hand, holding it up as he places a cold object in my palm. "I have a jet leaving in two hours. If you stay behind, your fate will be decided by the witches until I return, if you come with me, you may get those answers which you seek from the elves who almost seemed to worship you." 

He storms off from the direction which he came, headed for the hallway as Fiona gives me one sharp glare before chasing after him. Looking down, I look to the platinum ring, a solitaire oval diamond ring is in my hand, five carats placed with beautiful craftsmanship. It is the ring he proposed to me with, I know it is, why else would he put it in my hand. I can recall memories, music, ivy vines climbing white stone, a small garden, and laughter in the distance. He proposed the night of a ball, dancing with me through the night as a ghost smile pulls at my lips.   

I have been stuck in this house for long enough, waiting to leave as I always watch the sunset here, wondering what life would have been like if I had never died, if I would of had our child. The world would be different, a crown would be upon my head, a child to care for, a husband who runs a kingdom, and the politics of everyday. I am still not sure what life was like back then though, who I had made friends with, the people who trusted me, and what Zion was exactly like. He has done things he still has not told me, things which would drive a wedge far deeper between the two of us than we already have been driven. It feels like weeks since we had kissed, since we forgot the walls we have built up around ourselves...only to act like it had never occurred. 

Taking in a deep breath, I head for my room, weaving my way through the maze of the house as I reach the second floor, turning down two hallways to find my room exactly how I had left it when Fiona first showed me it. A simple bed with a dark duvet, two narrow windows, a dresser almost empty, and still feeling like a far away place from home as nothing here makes me feel cozy. I place the ring upon the dresser, watching it spin a tad upon the wooden surface as I wonder why Zion proposed exactly. It was a time when the kingdom faced a war and needed rogues and lucky for Zion, he stumbled across a rogue just intriguing enough to keep around, yet the memories I can recall of him getting down on one knee, it makes me feel that he did care, he felt for me in a way that I never though someone could, and I made my decision to become his wife. He is right. Zion is damn right by telling me that I can never make up my mind, that I always question every move even if it was made months ago, and that I can never truly let my mind settle down and accept a path of my life without asking question after question. 

Opening up the dresser drawers, I find myself pulling out the few pairs of jeans I have, the three shirts, dress, and undergarments. With only pair of shoes placed next to the small pile of clothes, I reach under the bed for the luggage Fiona showed me when I came into this room first, grabbing these exact clothes from the luggage as she put them away for me. 

The luggage lays open on the bed as the folded clothes lay before it. Hands on my hips, I take in a deep breath as I look out the window to see nothing but a stretch of forest. I could use a change of scenery, a chance to distance myself from Fiona, to figure out more about who Zion was and is to me, and the answers the elves may offer me when I arrive. First are my shoes, landing at the bottom as my clothes follow in a messy order, the luggage shutting easily as I take a seat right beside it, looking to the ring on the top of the dresser. The clock on the wall ticks, my time running short as I get to my feet, weight pulling on my chest as I try and remind myself why I am doing what I am about to do. My luggage trailing behind me, I grab the ring, sliding it onto my right hand as I know better than to place it upon my left hand. 

I meet Zion downstairs, his frame filling up the front doorway as a car waits for us just outside. Fiona stands beside him, whispers stopping as they hear me come down the stairs. With my chin held high, I walk right past Fiona as she moves out of my way, and right past Zion as he spots the ring of my right hand. A driver opens the back door for me, taking my luggage as he asks if I would like to keep my luggage in the back. I hop in, the luggage going beside me instead as I give instruction for it, looking at Zion through the window to see Fiona arguing with him. I know it is about the curse, the debt he owes her, and how she will stop at nothing to make sure the curse is gone from her coven. As he walks over, I know it will be a ride filled with tension. Hands clasped in my lap, I look out the window as Zion hops in, instructing the driver to take us to the private airstrip, the car filled with tension as I keep reminding myself to not second guess this entire decision. 

As we drive off, a warm hand rests upon mine, squeezing my hands as Zion offers me a simple gesture of comfort. The corner of my eyes catch a glance of him, the soft smile at his lips as he closes his eyes for the ride, finding peace in the simple intimacy he offers not just me, but the two of us as we know that this trip to the elves will only pull us further apart than already, or allows us to remember the relationship we once had and recall the love we once shared for one another.