CHAPTER TWO: Wrong

Start from the beginning

Clifford (L/N), captain of the Garrison. The only person that wasn't scared of him was our mother. His military ideology didn't rest, even at home. It was exhausting, but he provided for us. He deserved our respect.

"I'm taking you up to the wall...Your mother punished you again, didn't she? Consider it an apology...You'll love the view..." I suddenly felt excited. My father rarely ever spoke to me, let alone took me anywhere, so this was big.
"Yes, Papa, right awa-" Dimitri cut me off by placing his hand on my head; daring to meet the captain's eyes.
"I would like to come, too." He announced, and even I could feel the heavy tension between them.
"So be it. You're both excused." Father waved us off and we went our separate ways to prepare.

We lived rather close to the western side of the wall, in a district known as Stolz. It was close to the outer edge of Wall Rose, and it was mostly populated by military families, so it didn't take us long at all to be stationed on the lift platform and rising into the air. Nicholas had joined us, too, but I was far too nervous to even attempt to talk to him. He was almost as tall as our father, except his features screamed our mother, just like mine. Despite our close relation, we had hardly ever exchanged words, and he was a complete mystery to me.

"Whilst we are up there, you are to listen to everything I tell you, (Y/N). Is that clear?" My father was looming over me from behind, and I nodded stiffly.
"Y..yes, Papa..." I murmured as I shifted a little closer to Dimitri. Something was off. I may not have been good at socialising, but I could pick up on the smallest details, and there was definitely tension in the air. Nicholas hadn't uttered a word; not even a greeting, and our father kept shifting his weight from one foot to the other. I didn't like it.

"Watch your step..." Dimitri murmured as he helped me from the lift platform to the stone of the wall. A small snort came from our father, but I tried not to let it bother me. The moment I turned my attention from my feet upward, I gasped. Fields. Rolling carpets of grass and trees, as far as I could possibly see. Despite blanketed in the darkness of night, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire eleven years.

"H..how long does it stretch to..?" I wondered out loud as my (E/C) eyes gazed out over the stunning vista.

"Nobody knows, and nobody wishes to find out." I jumped a little as I heard my father speak from directly behind me, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the view. "Titans roam the land, killing and destroying everything in their path. I'm curious to see how long a person could survive beyond this wall..."

"What the FUCK?!" I spun around in an instant as I heard scuffling begin, and I could only squeak out as I took in the scene that had unfurled behind me. Dimitri was standing at my side, his hands gripping my fathers arm, which was poised to push.

W..wait...w..was he going to push...me..?

"What the fuck are you doing?! Are you insane?!" Dimitri was struggling against our father's power, and the stoic man barely batted a lid.

"I am simply doing our family...no...humanity...a favour..." He explained as though it were obvious knowledge. "This little piece of shit isn't good for anything. There's something wrong with her...I couldn't even marry her off if I wanted to go to the trouble. Step aside, and I shall consider ignoring this betrayal." I cowered in terror; my eyes darting from the two men in front of me to Nicholas, who was just watching with a solemn expression on his stubbled face.

"Betrayal?! She's my little sister! (Y/N) is your daughter!" Dimitri grabbed me and held my back close to his chest. "If any of you just took the time to get to know her...you'd realise how special she is! Sh..she's so smart, and sweet, and sure, she might be a little timid, but she's got so much potential! Why can't you just see that?!" The urgency in his voice was making me shiver, and I didn't need to feel the wetness of my cheeks to know I was already crying.