🎟 Three 🎠

Jungkook reached out, taking Hana's hand. He helped her up onto the back of a white unicorn with a beautiful golden mane adorned with pastel coloured flowers. The eyes were as silver as the hooves and horn, and the pole through it's back was an intricately carved swirl of golden wood going from the floor of the carousel all the way up to the roof.

"It's so life-like!" She gasped as Jungkook released her hand and Taehyung climbed up onto the unicorn next to hers - also white.

"Yes, this is Beau," Jungkook said, patting the rump of the wooden unicorn fondly, "She's a favourite here at the carousel,"

"They have names?" Hana said as the ringmaster stepped back, an amused look in his eyes.

"Oh yes," He said as the carousel smoothly began to turn, "And each one has a beautiful story, too,"

Hana couldn't help but laugh in pure joy as the unicorn began to rise up and sink down as the carousel began to spin. The ringmaster had sunk back into the shadows and bustle of the busy fair by the time that they had done a full circle, but all she could think of was the unicorn she was sitting on.

"Beau," She said, leaning forward, resting her shoulder on the pole as she slid her hand down the smooth wood of the neck of the carving. It felt a little warm to the touch, and the vibrations of the ride made it feel like the unicorn was quivering under her fingers. She could feel bumps in the carvings, giving the impression of moving muscles and bone and she was overcome by the pure wonder.

"Tae," She said, turning back to her friend, who was happily riding next to her, "Can you take a picture of me? This unicorn is so beautiful!"

"They look so real!" Taehyung exclaimed, pulling his phone from his pocket, "It's no wonder that these are the famous part of the fair. They're so well made, they're beautiful!"

Hana smiled for the photo and asked her friend to send it to her so she could use it as a new profile picture for her social media accounts.

When the ride was finally over, she reluctantly climbed off the unicorn and hopped down off the carousel with Taehyung. She could feel eyes on her, however, and looked around, only to see the man that had been with Jungkook outside of the fair staring over at her.

She was a little taken aback, but when she moved, she realised that he wasn't staring at her. He was staring at the carousel behind her.

"Where to next?" Taehyung asked, pulling her away from the ride, "I want candy floss,"

"Ah, yeah, candy floss," Hana muttered, turning back to look at the man, who had vanished, much like Jungkook had.

She allowed Taehyung to pull her around the fair a little longer, until an announcement called out through speakers that were set out on poles at regular intervals, informing the people inside that it was now Ten PM and the fair was closing for the night.

She frowned, lifting her arm to look at her watch, "We've been here for hours!" She exclaimed, looking at her friend, "I didn't even realise!"

"We had a lot of fun," Taehyung said, "I didn't realise either. I'll take you home,"

Hana looked back over her shoulder towards the centre of the fair, where the carousel was still sounding its beautiful, haunting music. She once again felt as if she were being watched, and for some reason, she really wanted to ride the unicorns again before they left. They were just so beautiful that she couldn't get them out of her mind. She wanted to know all their names, but she desperately wanted to know Beau's story.

"Hana?"

"Hm?" She snapped her head back around to look at Taehyung.

"Tired?" He laughed, "Come on, I'll take you home,"

"Oh, it's alright," She smiled as they headed to the exit, "I'll call a cab,"

"No, it's dark, I'll take you,"

"Really, Tae, it's fine. I know you're tired and probably looking forward to seeing that guy you slept with last night, so you can go,"

Taehyung hesitated a little, before nodding, "Alright. Let me know when you get home,"

She smiled at him as he exited the fair, but slowed down until she was almost at a stop. The fair was almost empty by now, and the spotlights dotted about were slowly going out so only the exit was lit up.

Turning on her heel, she headed straight back towards the centre of the fair.

"One last look," She said to herself, "I'm sure Jungkook won't mind. If he's there, I'll ask him about the unicorns,"

Navigating her way back through the fair proved difficult, as it was so dark, but somehow, she managed to turn the correct way every single time, until she saw the light coming from the carousel in front of her. The music was still playing faintly, but the carousel wasn't turning, it was just sitting, with Beau directly in front of her. She could almost feel the eyes of the unicorns looking at her, and moved towards it, just wanting to touch one again before she left.

However, as she got closer, she felt someone grab her around the waist, and a hand covered her mouth and nose, smothering her scream before she could even make a sound. Despite how hard she struggled, whoever it was that had grabbed her was stronger, and she was dragged sideways until she was inside the pitch black of one of the stalls leading up to the carousel.

---

AN: Btw, Beau is pronounced like "Bow", as in what you tie using a ribbon :)