🎟 Fifteen 🎠

"What the fuck are you saying?" Taehyung snapped angrily at Jimin, "You want her to go to the carousel?!"

Jimin sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "No, but she is going to have to. They were saying how Jungkook always lets people think they have won, so why don't we do it to him?"

"Jimin, I know that when I get close I'll get overwhelmed," Hana said quietly, "I don't want to,"

"You mean to use her as bait of some kind?" Taehyung said, "I'm not okay with that,"

Hana hovered nervously by the door. She was exhausted from being up all night with the men trying to figure out what to do, but she also had a nagging tug in her mind about needing to go to the carousel again.

"We need to find the contracts to free the staff," Jimin said, "While Jungkook is preoccupied, we will look for them and set them free. Then there won't be anyone to stop us when we free Bee and the others,"

"And how do you propose we do that?" Taehyung was growing more impatient with Jimin the longer he talked, "What's your plan?"

Jimin was silent for a moment. He ran his fingers through his thick, dark hair again; something that Tam noticed he did a lot. He stared down at the floor, "I don't know," He said softly, "I want to cut the poles but I don't know if that will kill them. I want to kill Jungkook but I don't know if that will free them. I want to cut the power for the carousel while they're human, but I don't know if that will do anything, or even if there is power for that damned thing,"

"What if we go and talk to them?" Hana said suddenly, "Maybe the girls will know how to get free? They must know,"

"If they knew, don't you think they would have gotten free already?" Taehyung said to her patiently, "Some of them have been trapped there for years,"

"Maybe they can't get free because they're attached," Hana pressed, "What if they need someone else to do something?"

"We need to try and talk to them," Jimin agreed, "But we need to free the staff first. If he's got no staff, maybe it will be harder for him to get us,"

"So what do you propose?" Taehyung said, "We can't let Hana go, in case she turns into one of those things - and if she did, Jungkook would pack up and leave immediately. And we can't just go and talk to them because they're unicorns. When they're human, Jungkook is around,"

"A distraction," Hana said suddenly, "I'll go and fight against it and while Jungkook's attention is on me, one of you can talk to one of the girls,"

"You'll get overwhelmed," Her friend argued with her, standing up and moving to her, "I know you've been thinking about it all night,"

"Of course I have," She replied, "We all have, right? That's why we were here,"

Taehyung shook his head, his eyes softening, "No, Hana. You've just been thinking about it. I can see it on your face. You have this... Far away look in your eyes,"

Although she knew he was right, Hana crossed her arms stubbornly, "I don't,"

"You do," Jimin piped up from his position, sat on the floor. He also got to his feet, "But we might not have much of a choice,"

The two men followed Hana to the kitchen as she went to put on some more coffee. It was silent in the room apart from the clinking of mugs and the sounds of the kettle boiling, and Hana leaned against the counter heavily. Her eyes felt heavy and gritty and she wanted nothing more than to go to visit the carousel.

She froze, her eyes widening suddenly as she whipped her head around to look at the men, who quickly stood to attention.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked, moving to her.

"I was just thinking about how tired I am," She replied, "But instead of wanting to sleep, I thought about going to the carousel,"

"We can't let her near that fucking thing!" Taehyung cried at Jimin, "Can't you see?!"

"We might not have a choice!" Jimin yelled back, "Bee has been there for ten years! I need to save her!"

"You're so fucking selfish!" Taehyung shouted at him, "This has never been about saving Hana, you're only thinking of your goddamn girlfriend!"

"I've just found her after ten fucking years of searching!" Jimin yelled, stepping into Taehyung's space, "Of course I'm thinking about her!"

"You're willing to sacrifice Hana just to save her? You're-"

"Enough!" Hana shouted, trying to break up a fight before it happened, "Enough, please," She sighed as she lifted the kettle to pour hot water into each mug, "We can't fight like this,"

"He's just using us," Taehyung hissed, "We-"

"Using us or not," Hana interrupted calmly, "He stopped me from being caught up in the carousel and he is the reason we know so much. We can't fight, we need to work together,"

After a moment of tense silence, Taehyung spoke, "What if we go while the fair is open?" He asked, "We can distract Jungkook without you being in danger and while we're with him, maybe Hoseok can take Jimin to where Jungkook is keeping the contracts,"

Jimin nodded, "That would work for now,"

Hana agreed, "Okay," She put the kettle back down, "Then instead of drinking coffee, I want to sleep for a few hours. We still have time,"

Taehyung looked down at his watch, "Let's sleep until two," He said, "Then we can go to the fair,"

Jimin headed out of the kitchen and to the front door, sitting down with his back against it.

"What are you doing?" Hana asked, "You can sleep on the sofas,"

Jimin shook his head, "I'll sleep here so you don't leave while we're resting," He said, "I'm used to it. I've slept in worse places,"