TAKE III- Challenged.

Start from the beginning

    “You like him?” I questioned.

    She gasped then laughed. “No.... I don’t like him that way. I like him as a friend. I got a crush anyway.”

    “A crush? Who?” I was eager to know.

    She smiled nervously. “Um, I’m a regular at a bakery shop down the road. Spero is the name. Well days ago, I walked in and found a charming guy, a new staff, sitting behind the counter with that megane and the smile he had.... Ah! I’ve fallen in love with him!” she day-dreamed.

    My smile faded. She’s talking about me.

    “Wanna meet him?” she turned to me. “Let’s go there after school!”

    I quickly shook my head. “No no! I have some other works to do! I-I’ll pass for today!” I faked a smile.

    She pouted. “I’ll go by myself then.”

*  *  *  *

It was 5pm when the bell chimed. I almost suffered a heart attack when the figure walked in.

A-Akashi! What is he doing here!?

    I tried not to panic and act normal. He approached. “May I ask some questions regarding this bakery business?” he questioned.

    “U-uh, yeah. Why not?” I replied, shrugging.

    He looked around then his gaze fixed back at me. “During the previous party of Akashi Corporation, a girl from this bakery bumped into me, ruining my clothes and everything. May I know who is that?” he said.

    I faked a smile. “I’m sorry, sir. But I’m afraid there’s no girl working in this bakery except for the owner herself, Miss Shiori.” I lied. How many times have I lied today? Two. Screw me.

    He feigned a chuckle. “I’ll buy an egg tart.”

    He changed the topic.... I reached out for the egg tart, handed it to him as he gave me the money, I gave him the receipt and he walked out, giving me the final glance before he went out of sight. Somehow, I just get this weird feeling when with Akashi. We won’t be good. But we won’t be that bad either.

*  *  *  *

CCA time! I rushed to the soccer field, shoving students out of the way. They must’ve been waiting by now! Suddenly, a student who’s running too, hit my shoulder with the most velocity+acceleration+momentum he had; we fell onto the ground.

    “Ow! Why do I keep bumping into people—“

    “Kazu-chan?”

    I stopped babbling to myself and looked at the person I bumped into. My eyes widened. “R-Reo!” I gasped. We stood together. “You’ve grown much taller!” I added, grinning widely.

    He hugged me tightly. “It’s been a long time! I missed you!”

    I hugged him back and we pulled away. “How come you’re here!? I thought you’re in Sydney!” he exclaimed.

    “Shiori took me in.” I replied.

    He frowned. “Eh? Why?”

    I smiled bitterly. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. Mum and Dad passed away two weeks ago.”

    He gasped. “Oh my, I’m sorry! H-how did that happen?”

    “The plane was shot at the border of Ukraine. They mistook it as the Russian plane. I was in it but managed to get away with the help of some Ukraine soldiers. Well, it’s not worth talking about it now, I just don’t want to remember the past.” I smiled.