Chapter 2: Abracadabra

I wake up to my brother coming into my room and shaking me awake. Lately I've been sleeping in later than usual but my brother has luckily been at the house to wake me up every time. I get out of bed before getting dressed. I look at my phone as I walk into the kitchen before seeing that I have some messages from the team.

---Scott--- Sent 2 hours ago

Are you awake yet?

---Maddie--- Sent 1 hour ago

Hey, are you ok?

---Parker--- Sent 20 minutes ago

Hey Belle... A magician had gotten infected by a dark shard and took my yo-yo. The team is supposed to find the magician who's somewhere in the city. But Master Shi wants me to go home and balance my life out instead of doing too much Yo Kwon Do.

I make sure I'm ready before getting my things together, sending a quick thanks to Parker for telling me what was going on, and running out of the house and going towards the tower.

"I'm sorry I slept in!" I apologize as I come into the lounge area of the tower.

"You've been sleeping in a lot lately." Scott says, his tone seemingly disappointed in my behavior and lack of participation towards the team's Yo Kwon Do practice lately.

"I've been staying late at my brother's shop since he has other things to do." I say, just now remembering that I only told Maddie, Wilson and Master Shi (Taco included) about my situation.

"It's alright, Belle. You're at least trying to help out your brother." Maddie says, coming to my defense.

"So Parker told me about the infected magician who also took his yo-yo." I say.

"Yeah. How are we going to find the magician?" Maddie asks the team.

"We'll go to the places that the magician was last seen and try to find any leads." Scott says before we all split up.

I go to the last spot that Parker had seen him performing and where the magician took his yo-yo. When I get there, there's no signs of any magician, magic, or even any sign of people. The area's completely abandoned with no one in sight. To me, it seems a little too silent. I sigh in slight annoyance before getting a message on my phone from Parker. I couldn't help but chuckle a little as I read the message.

---Parker--- Sent just now

How are you guys doing with the magician search? I just got done doing a whole bunch of chores and now I'm waiting for mom to come home.

I smiled at the message before sending him a quick message.

---Belle to Parker--- Sent

We are following leads now. Don't worry, we'll get your yo-yo back. Just play some video games or something to pass time until your mom gets back. I'll talk to you later.

---Parker--- Sent just now

Ok. Be careful! We don't know if Belloc is involved in this or not.

I put my phone away as I slightly smile. It's good to know that my teammates care about my safety, even if they are unable to help out at the moment. I look around the area again before walking through the street towards the park where I'm to meet up with Scott and Maddie while Wilson stays at the tower to try to find other leads on our missing magician.