Chapter 1: Infected Speedster

I wake up in my room before doing my normal Saturday morning routine. I walk down the stairs to find that my older brother isn't home but he had made me some breakfast which I happily eat as I think about the past few days.

It's been a few days since the yo-yo tournament and the reveal of Belloc. Since then, I have been going over to the tower to practice Yo Kwon Do with Master Shi, in hopes of balancing out my energy. The others were also there to help out when they didn't have anything to do at home or school. So far, I am doing pretty good since my energy is almost completely balanced again though it might take a few more days for me to completely balance out. But with the start that I have and Master Shi who has been helping me, I should be fine.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on my door. I go over and open the door to see Scott and Parker.

"Hey guys." I smile.

Another thing that's changed for me, is that Scott and Parker walks with me to the tower once they found out I lived in their neighborhood, actually right next door to Scott. Unlike the others though, I'm home-schooled so it didn't surprise me when they didn't know.

"How have you been?" Scott asks.

Ever since the team got their yo-yos, Scott and I have been competing against each other more and more though we also have a closer relationship than I did with the others, aside from Johnny who I also got closer with.

"Good." I smile. "You?"

"Good." He says.

"How are you, Parker?" I politely ask, knowing he still has yet to unlock the power within him to start actual Yo Kwon Do training.

"Good." He says before going ahead of us and going to the elevator.

Once we all make it to the top floor, the three of us make our way over to where Wilson, Maddie, and Johnny are all there waiting for us.

"How are you three?" I smile at them as Scott and I follow Parker over to them.

"Good." Maddie and Wilson says as they look at us.

"Good." Johnny says but I notice him and Scott glaring at each other for no reason.

I sigh in slight annoyance and also from not knowing why they're suddenly glaring at each other. I walk over to Maddie before looking back to Master Shi. He seems to know what I'm thinking because he nods before I look back to Maddie. We make our moves to get our yo-yos out. I shoot my two yo-yos towards Scott and Johnny as Maddie shoots towards Wilson.

"You boys want to play?" I ask, getting into a stance as they look at me.

Scott and Johnny get their yo-yos out before getting into a stance. I kind of feel bad for Parker since he can't participate but it's for his safety. And he'll unlock his power in time and then he can join us. I focus on Johnny and Scott before they start their attacks. For once, they both worked together. I have to keep using my speed against them until they both fall onto their butts. I smirk at them as I put my yo-yos away.

"I win!" I joke as I walk over to them.

I offer each of them a hand to help them up once I get to them, to which they also accept. My phone vibrates in my pocket as soon as they let go of my hands. I look at the phone to see it's my older brother.

---Big Bro--- Sent just now

I just got a lot of things in the store. I was hoping you were not too busy and could come to the store and help out with sorting everything out and taking inventory.