Chapter Ten

It was daylight when the cars were all packed up. The sun shone through gray clouds, but the temperature had barely risen. The Impala and minivan sat opposite of each other as they were meant to head in opposite directions. The boys were headed back to the bunker while the hunters were heading out to the West Coast.

The gang of hunters hung out the motel with chipping and molding paint. The smell of last night's activities managed to stink up Fee still, even though she had taken three showers. Apparently succubus goo just didn't wash off well. Syd complained that they were driving with the windows down for a while.

There was nothing particularly special about this motel since it was so much like the other ones for hunters. It came and it went. These hunters came and these hunters went.

"If anything brings you to our neck of the woods," Sam said, "give us a call." He was sincere. He always liked meeting new faces of hunters, especially two that were incredibly talented.

"Will do," Syd said. "And we have anything odder than normal, we'll give you a call." She gave Dean and Sam their phone numbers.

"And for you." Fee took out a Sharpie from her bag and grabbed Jack's arm. In big numbers that she went over multiple times, Fee wrote her number. When it was clear and staying for at least nine days, she was satisfied.

"Thank you."

She winked at him. "As for the rest of you," she addressed the rest of the hunters in Jack's group, "you can have her number. She's the responsible one. I'm unresponsible."

"That's not a word," Syd claimed.

"All letters equal a word. All words are made up."

"Oh," Syd moaned, leaving the group. It was shame that Fee was going with her.

"Good bye." Fee waved out the window as Syd pulled out of the motel's parking lot without lines. "It was nice getting to know you. Jack, call me!"

Jack ran into the street to wave. "I will!" he promised. He still owed her that date. Turning back to his family, Jack smiled. "That was fun. We should do this again sometime."

Dean only gave him a tight-lipped smile and a head nod. "Get in the back of the car, lover boy."

Jack and Cas did so. With Sam in the front seat and Dean at the steering wheel, they were on their way back to the bunker. Dean blasted the music, not allowing anyone to turn it down for a minute, but he promised milkshakes and burgers at that place up the road.

For a family outing, it wasn't all that bad. No one died. The monster-- or in the case monsters-- were all killed. They saved some people in town from succubi and a sheriff that was a succubus. It was the small wins that were needed the most. The spirits were lifted.

Even though they were most likely going back to imminent death and danger, at least they had fun one last time. And so the Impala with her family headed back to the bunker so to save the world again.