Goodbye... Forever

"Oww" I said as I struggled to break free from the vervain ropes that were tied around my wrists and ankles. I looked around the empty room. The only thing near me was a window. I turned around to see Damon and Stefan starting at me. I rolled my eyes. Damon bent down in front of me. "We are going to open the curtain and let you burn, Elena, until you turn your humanity back on." I turned my head, "you wouldn't watch your girlfriend burn, would you?" I said in a sad sarcastic voice. He crinkled his nose and scowled. He ripped the curtain open exposing me to the light. I was in pain. I looked down no longer seeing my daylight ring. "Looking for this?" Stefan said displaying my ring in his hands. I yelled loudly in pain. Damon closed the window and got back down in front of me. "Why'd you do it Elena" he said almost crying. I looked down at him. Trying so hard not to care about seeing him cry I looked up again. He opened the window. Every time I moved to try to cover my face from the light the vervain ropes hurt me. I knew I wasn't going to make it out until I felt again. Repeatedly Damon got down by me said "inspiring" words and then burned me again. After what seemed like an hour of this Stefan got down in front of me. Silently he said, "I know you don't care. But I need you to know this. Elena, I love you. I never stopped loving you. Turn your humanity back on... for me." Without hesitation I started to cry. Stefan cut the ropes so I was free. I jumped into his arms. "I killed them" I told him. "It's ok, it's ok, Elena." Stefan said. I opened my eyes to see Damon standing behind us with a sad look. I closed my eyes and hugged Stefan tighter.

Stefan stood up leaving me on the floor by myself. He took my hand and helped me up. He reached into his pocket and pulled out my ring. Stefan tried handing it to me but I put my hand out so he could do it. He slipped it onto my finger closely watching I started to smile. I looked up at him focusing on the movements of his face. I started crying again. Stefan brought me back into a hug. "Why'd you do it, Elena?" He asked me. "Because I love you Stefan. I couldn't see you without feeling anything." I told him. He looked at me surprised. "But Damon.." he started to say. "Shh," I told him. "I'll figure it out." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I don't think this is right, Elena." I looked at him disappointed. "It is right, Stefan. I know it is!" He sighed. "Let's get you home." he said without hesitation.

I laid in my bed thinking about everything. I killed him
I'll loose him
I love him
Until Jeremy walked it. "Are you ok?" He asked me. "I'm fine Jeremy." I said as I got up to hug him. Jeremy has gone to stay with a friend for a while assuming I would be in college. Being a vampire on campus surrounded by humans didn't sound like the best idea. Jeremy and I talked until we both got tired and went to bed.

Dear diary,
I don't understand. I feel it all again. It was so easy to turn it off and not feel the pain. Now that I could feel I had to think.. about Stefan and Damon. I couldn't loose Damon, and I couldn't keep stringing Stefan along. I was connected to Stefan. It's meant to be. Damon just seems like an ordinary guy to me now. Nothing special. I think it's time to say goodbye to Damon.
~Elena

It was around noon the next morning and I had to talk to Damon, but first I had to talk to Caroline and Bonnie.

"You fought your feelings for Damon for a whole year. Now that you got him you aren't happy?" Caroline said. "I mean I can't help it. I'm sired to Stefan. I love him." Bonnie looked over at Caroline hoping she would say something before she had to. "It's up to you Elena, but you need to make a final decision. They won't be happy if you keep going back and forth." Bonnie told me. "It's Stefan, guys, it's always going to be Stefan." They looked at me with blank expressions on their faces. They weren't surprised. I made my decision and I wasn't going to change it.

It was time to meet up with Damon. Ironically he wanted to meet at the same place I told him I had feelings for him. I got to the tables before he did. It gave me time to think through it all again. When he showed up he immediately sat down next to me. I tried to pretend I was happy to be there. I don't think it worked considering he started talking about what happened after I turned my humanity back on. I felt bad for acting so rude to him that day. I ignored everything he said until Stefan started talking. I started to cry. "Goodbye Damon." His face instantly showed sadness. "I'm sorry. It's not your fault it's mine... and Stefan's." My eyes were filled with tears it was hard to see. I closed my eyes and rubbed them. When I opened them Damon was gone.