What About Us?

Dear diary,
It's been months since the incident. I've overcome my fear of feeding on people. Stefan hadn't talked to me in awhile. I had a feeling it was because of Damon. I have a secret. I don't know how to tell the boys. I've felt this...

Before I could finish my diary entry I saw someone standing in front of my window. "Damon!" I got up and ran to him letting him lift me up into a gentle hug. "So how was your day?" I said in a loving girlfriendy way. "Couldn't have been better than yours," he said smirking. He stuck out his hand. I gladly took it. He bent down to kiss it and as he stood back up he comfortingly said, "shall we go?" Looking back at my diary thinking about my unfinished thoughts I held his hand tighter signaling I was ready to leave.

Damon and I arrived at a nice restaurant for dinner. We sat down across from each other but slowly scooted our seats closer to each other. I watched as Damon looked at the menu. Looking at his face reminded me of when I was human. Missing those days a almost started to cry. Damon sensed my sadness and wrapped his arms around me making me feel safe and secure. I got up quietly and walked to the restroom. I started to feel weird. Almost the same feeling I got when I was stressed about college. I felt dizzy. I couldn't see straight. That's when I saw him. "Stefan?" I said questioning who I was seeing. "No, it's me Damon." I snapped back into reality finally seeing Damon standing in front of me. "I watched you walk shakily over here, Elena, are you ok?" He asked me. "Yeah, I think so. I want to go home" I told him. And as fast as he could, he took me home.

When I got home I ran to my bed and grabbed my diary. Before I could continue writing my phone started ringing. I stared at my phone for a minute surprised by the name I saw. "Stefan" I said under my breath. I frantically answered the phone.

Elena
                                Stefan is everything ok?
Damon told me what happened at dinner I just wanted to check on you.
                I'm fine. I haven't heard from you                    in a while.
I heard him sigh
I have to go, Elena.

Did I say something wrong? I didn't understand. I Picked up my diary hoping to finish my thoughts before someone interrupted me again.

Dear Diary,
It's been months since the incident. I've overcome my fear of feeding on people. Stefan hadn't talked to me in awhile. I had a feeling it was because of Damon. I have a secret. I don't know how to tell the boys. I've felt this connection... to Stefan. Recently I've been seeing him. In my dreams, my thoughts, and when I'm with Damon. I need to talk to Bonnie.
~Elena

It's early the next morning and I planned to talk to Bonnie today. I believed that becoming a vampire had something to do with the sudden urge to want to be with Stefan. I grabbed my keys and walked to my car. On the way down the steps I laughed at the thought of falling again. Slowly and careful I made it to the bottom. Looking back at the steps making an "in your face" expression I bumped into Damon. I'd become used to the surprise turn ups from Damon ever since we started dating. I looked him in the eyes. He smiled and hugged me. "Where you going, Cinderella?" He asked me. "I'm just going to get coffee with Bonnie" I replied. I felt horrible for lying to him, but he couldn't find out about Stefan yet. "I won't be the one to stop you" he said as he cleared the path for me to quickly walk to my car. "Bye Damon" I said in a sarcastic voice as I drove off down the street.

When I pulled up to Bonnie's house I was nervous. I walked up to the door and quietly knocked. She opened the door letting me into her house. "Follow me" She said. We walked into a room where there was a circle of candles. She directed me to sit in the middle and not to move. She stood in front of me and started chanting. "Phasmatos Tribum Nas Ex Veras, Sequita Saguines, Ementas Asten Mihan Ega Petous" she started to say. The candle flames grew larger. She opened her eyes looking shocked. "Elena." She said quietly. I looked up at her concerned. "I think you're sired to Stefan."