37

i'm 17 weeks right now and let me just say i am exhausted. i've gained so much weight and like all of my body is swollen. my ankles look like ham hocks. i feel like a beached whale. but gus always loves to remind me how beautiful he thinks i am. he always tells me how lucky he is. he's such a blessing to my life even when we have our bad moments.

"babe."

"yes gussie?" i said while looking at my phone.

"me and the boys are going out for a bit." he said, but in a weird tone.

"ooo let me come! i'm hungry." i said attempting to get up.

"no! uh the boys wanted to do something. there's not enough room in the car." he yelled. 

"okay?" i said. i finally had gotten myself up just to watch gus leave.

"what the fuck?" i mumbled.

i walked around the house and everyone was just gone. i looked in the fridge and we didn't even have anything to eat. i huffed and grabbed my car keys. i drove myself to mcdonald's and went to the mall for a bit. i needed new clothes anyway. i looked around and only bought a few things before just going home. i saw that the guys were back and bexey and smoke were standing outside the door.

"hey guys!" i said. i went to walk inside but they blocked the door.

"okay someone tell me what the fuck is going on?" i said annoyed. my feet hurt and i wanted to lay down.

"we can't tell you." bexey said.

"you really want to make a pregnant girl angry? you guys are bold. let me inside so i can't lay down. my feet hurt." i said trying to push through. they wouldn't move.

"i will literally cry." i said.

smoke's phone went off and he looked at it then nodded to bexey. bexey opened the door and i saw the lights dimmed and flower petals and candles lining the floor. i followed the path made and along the path was tracy with a bouquet of roses. i continued to follow it to me and gus' room and when i opened the door i could've cried. there sat gus on one knee with a ring in his hand. flower petals spelled out "Marry Me" on the new red satin sheets.

"danielle marie johnson you have made me the happiest person in the world. you have stuck with me when no one else would. you pick me up when i'm feeling down. and never did i, gustav elijah ahr, think i would be proposing to anyone, let alone an angel like you. i'm so in love with you i don't even know what to do with myself. so, danielle, will you marry me?" he said. i was bawling at this point. my hormones were in shock. i nodded my head up and down faster than i could think.

"yes, oh my god, yes!" i yelled. he slipped the ring on my finger and i jumped into his arms.

"i love you two more than anything." gus said.

"we love you too, isn't that right baby." i said rubbing my stomach. gus accompanied me and lit up when he felt him kick

"see i told you." i laughed.

i know i looked a hot mess because i was completely exhausted. that's how i knew he had nothing but love for me and my unborn child. our unborn child. i couldn't believe i was finally marrying the man of my dreams. the one i've been yearning for for over a year, even though it felt as if it was a lifetime. but to have him in my arms now felt so surreal.

"dani."

"gus."

"can we get our own house?" he asked.

"if that's what you want." i said smiling at him.

"i do." he said.

we didn't speak much that night. he ordered dinner and we watched movies. i slept like a baby that night. i was so beyond happy with the way my life was going right now. i dreamed of perfection. i dreamed of this before and now that it's reality i was awe stricken. nothing in the entire world could ruin this moment.

 nothing in the entire world could ruin this moment

78,892 likes

danibaby i do <3

comments are turned off for this post