He scratched his head with an uneasy look. "You test results came back inconclusive...we can run them again"

Shaking my head I got up to stand. "Don't bother, like I said my dad is a warrior and my mom was an omega. Please just leave it alone." He sighed then nodded.

I left the office with my hands in my pockets. I didn't like people digging in places they had no business, it made me feel uneasy.

I got into the car and started it up. While I waited for the car to heat up my phone buzzed. I look my phone and unlocked it.

Dalton:
Be ready.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What does that even mean?" I said aloud.

Getting annoyed I decided to dial his number. The line rung twice before it went to his voicemail. I rested my head against the steering wheel and groaned. My eyes drifted to the time and I realized I was late for dinner at Owen's parent's house.

I shifted the car in reverse then went on my way.

Jill let me in with a smile. "Glad you could make it, we were starting to get worried." She said as we walked down the hallway.

"Sorry, I lost track of time." She shook her head. "No problem hun, it happens."

Everyone was seated around the table chatting when we entered the room. I took that opportunity to sit down next to Owen. His eyes landed on me as I nervously squirmed in my seat. "Okay you guys can eat now."

Brinn shot me a smile before she began making Nara and Kohl's plate.

After the food was fully passed around and our plates were made we ate and talked amongst each other. Brinn and I had our own conversation most of dinner. She made me laugh a few times and I enjoyed getting to know her better.

"Dude yes! I didn't have her as a teacher but everyone would always talk about how much of a bitch she was." Titus growled and glared down as the swear left her mouth. I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"What?"

"Khol and Nara are sitting right next to you." She rolled her eyes. "They're doing their own thing."

I mean if you considered them arguing "doing their own thing" then I guess she was right.

Owen casually wrapped his hand around mine with a squeeze. I tried not to draw attention to it, but found myself smiling.

After dinner we drove my car back to the pack house. The whole drive my mind was racing on how to tell Owen. I mean what if he asked questions? I was definitely screwed. I was horrible at lying, which is why I hated doing it.

As we were approaching the house I decided now was the best time to tell him my plans. "I'm staying over at Esther's tonight."

His face dropped as he furrowed his brows. "Why?"

I squirmed uncomfortably as I thought of a way to get out of the question without lying. Because let's be honest, I suck at lying. "Why can't I spend the night at my friend's house?" I asked shifting the focus off of his question.

Got him!

His eyes went wide as he quickly explained himself. "N-no that's not what I meant. You can do whatever you want I just..." I rose my brow, waiting for him to finish his sentence.