11

Jack was a senior and you were a junior. It has been a month into the new school year and homecoming is around the corner. You guys are best friends (ok) but you sort of want Jack to ask you to homecoming because you thought it'd be weird if you asked HIM.

Y/n POV

"So y/n are you going to homecoming?" my best friend Bea asked.

"Ehh I'm not sure.. I mean if anyone asks me I'll go.."

"C'mon y/n!"

"Bea we're juniors,we have another year left it's not that important..."

"Whatever floats your boat... anyways do you have any food I'm starving"

I laugh "Yeah in the pantry.. wanna watch a movie?"

"On the second thought.. I gotta go somewhere sorry!" she said

"Where?"

"Uhm to Jack's"

"Oh can I come with?"

"NO" she answered with alert "I mean, sorry you cant"

"But he's one of my best friends?"

"I just... I gotta go sorry, you'll get it later I promise you"

"Okay......" I sat there with squinted eyes feeling suspicious what the fuck are they doing.

Bea POV

"Jack I'm here!!" I barged into his front door... hey it was unlocked!

"Shit Bea you scared me" he stood there petrified

"Shut up, y/n seemed suspicious when I left"

"What did you say?" he raised his eyebrows

"That I was going to your place...."

"Bea oh my god why would you say that"

I put my hands on my cheeks "I don't know!! I'm not good at these kinds of situations!!"

"Alright just drop it, do you have any homecoming ideas I can use to ask y/n?"

I thought for a minute and a brilliant idea popped into my head "You can ask her at the assembly!"

"You think so? Isn't that.. I don't know.. a little too much??"

"You can sing too if you want" I laughed, he rolled his eyes but surprisingly nodded his head.

"I'll sing to her at the assembly! But what song"

"Well she's been humming the tune if Give me love by Ed Sheeran?"

"Alright Bea let's do that thanks for helping me"

"No prob, good luck!" I hugged him.

Jack POV

Okay the assemblies tomorrow and I need to learn this song on the guitar in less than 24 hours.....

Suddenly, I got a text from y/n

"Hey, why was Bea acting suspicious earlier wtf haha"

I replied "She just needed to help me with my math homework" wow

"Uhm don't you have 100% in math class tho"

"Yeah it's just I didn't pay attention to the lesson today because I feel asleep"

"Alright Jack whatever floats your boat"

"I don't have a boat"

"You're dumb bye." I laughed and continued to practice.

y/n POV

assembly day! I love assemblies man, our school has so much spirit it's not even funny.

I went to find Jack and Bea in the school gym, they're not at the normal spot which is in front, but I found a note.

y/n!!

sit here and stay here alright thanks love you

bea

Hmm alrighty then.

[middle of assembly]

"AANND FINALLY, WE HAVE JACK GILINSKY SINGING GIVE ME LOVE!" wtf jack

oh my god I love this song, he's so good.

during the song he locked eyes with mine the entire time, I felt myself blushing. ah shit

Jack POV

I locked eyes with y/n's, which made her blush, she's so cute but she doesn't know whats going to happen next

after I finished the song

"THANK YOU! OKAY GUYS settle down I want to make an announcement" the crowd settled down. "alright thanks, as you know, homecoming is in two weeks!" everyone cheered. "and I would like to ask someone special, someone who has been with me a long time, someone who knows who I really am, I dedicated this song to you... y/n"

she was looking at her nails and immediately looked up when she heard her name "y/n, will you go to homecoming with me?" she gave me a thumbs up and nodded her head, I laughed at how awkward she is.

I walked down the stairs and hugged y/n

"I'm so glad you're my date to homecoming" I said

"Same Jack" she laughed and kissed me on the cheek.