06

Choi Hyun Suk

"Hyunsuk... was that an episode back there?" Seunghun asked before taking a sip from his drink. I shook my head and shrugged, "No. I—don't know." I hesitantly answered.

"You told me last semester you didn't have them during summer. But in the end you also told me that the previous year."

He just has me all figured out. I scoffed.

"Episode? Like psychotic episodes? Don't tell me..." Soyoung murmured while I shook my head.

"Hyunsuk?" Seunghun called me as he saw that I was shaking my head. God it's hard to communicate with her in a crowd.

"What are you doing?" He raised a brow while taking a sip again from his drink. I scratched my nape and laughed nervously, "Nothing."

I shaked my head now adding that awkward smile too. Seunghun looked at me puzzled, continuing drinking his shake.

"Oh, it's almost time. Let's go back to the classroom!" I stood up and pointed at the clock hung in the wall near the counter and spoiler alert, there wasn't actually a clock there.

"Really?!" Seunghun turned around to look at the clock but just saw a plain wall, while I was already going out of the door.

"Yah! Choi Hyunsuk wait for me!" I slammed the doors wide open and Seunghun followed. I think i'd do anything to escape a therapy session with Seunghun.

I laughed at him and started running while he chased me. As for Soyoung, she just followed with me and smiled; I was gloomy for a while.

To think about it, I don't know much about Soyoung besides his Doyoung's sister and her name.

Especially, where are her parents and friends. I should ask her about that or maybe even Doyoung but I think that'll be a sensitive topic for him.

"Hyunsuk." Suddenly, Seunghun called me. "Hm?" I hummed in response.

"You noticed that Doyoung look down this days?" He said. "Y-you noticed that too?" I answered. "I'm your therapist dude. I notice a lot of stuff."

He leaned closer to my ear and whispered. "Well our hangout today will be for him! He's the new addition to the group it's just right."

"But you know what got me curious, why is Doyoung sad." He added. I didn't reply and jsut wanted to listen because he looks like he has more to add.

"During the first semester, he seemed off like he is now but back then he was more cheerful. I don't get the sudden change you know."

I stopped walking and started gazing at nothing, Seunghun looked back at me wondering why I stopped but even if I noticed I provided no explanation.

If I add the detail of a loved one passing away int the story, it makes sense why he's down. Soyoung's passing is the only plausible reason why he's like that. The question is, when did Soyoung pass and why did Doyoung not say a word?

If I remember correctly, Doyoung said that he's an only child. If Soyoung didn't appear in my doorsteps that day I would have never known her existence as Doyoung's sister. Their relaionship is credible too.

Soyoung and Doyoung's names and facials are really similar.

Why did Doyoung keep her a secret? Does he not want us to feel bad? Or—does he not want us to know that he has sister?

I looked at Soyoung who remained silent. She bit her lower lip with an expression between sadness and concern.

I clenched my fists, "Seunghun, i'll get going." Before he had the chance to reply I started running off. "Ya Choi Hyunsuk! We're in the same class, where are you going?" He shouted but his voice became inaudible as I ran further and further away.

"Wait Hyunsuk, where are you running off to?" Soyoung followed me concern evident in her voice.

"To answers." I briefly replied.

"Hey, don't enjoy playing detective too much. Don't go putting your nose to the point where you past the limits." She replied, shouting and... angry.

"Ya, you're the one who asked for my help now you don't want me to? Can you be any more confusing?"

She looked down on the floor, "That's right, I asked you for help. And true, I am a confusing person. I died to escape this world you know but then i'm stuck with you! God you know, I even thought of bringing Doyoung with me." That one statement, it made me mad more than ever.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Do you hear yourself? You wished for your brother's death so what? You won't be alone?" I raised my voice, she lifted her head and locked her eyes with mine; tears flowing down hers.

"You don't know anything! Why? Have you died before?" Her voice cracked all kinds of emotions mixed and evident in her tone.

I softened my expression and let go of my grip in my hands, I was unsure on how to make her stop crying; it was my fault in the end.

"I hated living so when I died I was happy that finally I can move on or so I thought. But i'm here, the regrets piling up and killing me over again." Even more tears escaped, her eyes empty but filled with sorrow.

"Dying was my dream but it also became my biggest regret. Do you know... how miserable it feels?" She used her palms and covered her face.

I stood there, unable to say anything or confort her. Even a person who already lost their life still holds pain, I guess sadness is the only thing that will haunt is even in the afterlife.

——————————————————
A/N:

Thank you so much for waiting for this chapter! Im sorry if some parts sounded rushed and messy and if my vocabulary is too repetitive since im not good at expressing feelings through words.

THE FINAL DEBUT MEMBERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED TONIGHT FOR ME😭😭 IM NOT READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO YGTB ILL MISS OT29😭😭😭😭 RAESUNG WAS ALSO THERE