1.

fourteen. freshman year. high school.
you get my point, at least i hope you do. before you enter everyone tells you to stay away from seniors. i always want what i'm supposed to stay away from. i mean who doesn't? it's fun. but i don't need to worry about that. either way i don't really like talking unless you give me a reason to talk to you.

names violet jones. and today is my first day of high school, my anxiety levels are high but my expectations aren't. colored hair equals weird looks. especially when it's half and half.

-

ugh why is school even a thing. oh right education.
i grab my phone and text my bestfriend
violet: where are you? we're gonna be late and the bus is going to leave us. i don't want to wait a whole thirty minutes for a damn bus.

tiffany: can you take a chill pill, shesh. don't worry my sister is driving us to school so you have like 20 minutes to take a nap. i'll call you when we're outside. ok?

violet: bless her soul. i only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

tiffany: yeah and who's fault is that? ;)

violet: shut up! matthew has nothing to do with this. i couldn't sleep because i'm nervous dipshit.

tiffany: ok ok sorry!! take a nap, i'll call you in a bit.

violet: fuck off! x

i put my phone down and instead of taking a nap i check my mirror to see myself and make sure i looked like a decent human being and not like i just came out of a coffin. i didn't really care about the "dress to impress" thing about trying to look so cute on the first week of school. i mean i grew up with all these kids, and i can care less about what they think of me. i mean yes i did change over the summer but because puberty happened, my boobs got way bigger and i don't like it one big, i got a few tattoos i did myself and i dyed my hair. i already wore mascara in middle school but it's only a two month difference not much. i don't care about boys. especially not from that school, they're so immature and care more about they're darn shoes than anything else. i had a grey sleeveless top that said "my life, my rules", black ripped jeans, and my combat boots, they were pretty old and look a little worn out but are my favorite and i had some silver bracelets my mom bought me because she thought they were just so cute. i let my hair sit on my head like any other day, i don't have the patience to do any with it, and it was nice just like that other than me always putting my hand threw my hair and mixing the blonde and black side but they eventually ended up split again.

i hear a honk outside and my phone starts ringing a few seconds after that. i click declined, grabbed my backpack and made my way out.

i saw my bestfriend sitting in the passenger seat and her sister in the driver one obviously. well then i guess i get the back. i hopped in and greeted both of them, clearly not in the mood for anyone's shit, and put my earphones in. the drive was about 25 minutes with this first day of school traffic and pretty surprised it wasn't a longer drive with los angeles traffic, gosh i can't wait to get out of this city and the people in it.

we get out and say bye, while we're walking on our way to the gate she decided to bring matthew up, well fuck.

"so how did matthew make you stay up so late", me clearly annoyed, "he didn't keep me up you twit, i already told you, i was nervous and i still am", she gives me a face of aw and says, "is my little violet nervous and moody", reaching out to pinch my cheeks in a voice as if she was talking to a baby, and before she can even get to my face i softly smack her hand away, "hey! hands off. i just got rid of all the acne i had." she give me a confused look, "violet sweets, stop exaggerating you've never had acne.", "uh yes i have, ive been breaking out." she starts laughing and i stick my tongue at her.

we walked in and i had forgot all about searching for our classes and they're they are people on top of each other trying to get to the board. well fuck, do people not know manners and patience? i look behind me and see another board with the same exact information of all the names and classes. did know one really pay attention? well then haha suckers! i look around the j's for my last name. "fuck fuck fuck fuck c'mon fuckkk, aha!" i whisper to my self but didn't realize i was being a little loud with that whisper because i had both my earphones on full blast, i turn around to head for my first period and crash into someone's chest, "can you watch your fucking step" i said without looking up while taking an earphone out. "actually love, you crashed into me" a raspy husky voice said, i look up and saw a curly haired boy with green eyes, he was good looking but i could care less right now, i didn't want to be late, i just stared at him for a second and turned around, "also nice language you got there", he said, i didn't even turn around and flipped him off while putting my earphone back on.

i made it to the third floor and starting looking for my class, "301, 301, aha!" i said to myself finally finding it. BIOLOGY it said in big bold letters, well i'll be fucked.