Chapter Four

As she fell through the air, the wind whipping her around seemed to swallow her screams. No one could hear her, and no one could save her. She was a goner, and she had only just been reunited with her sister after a very long two year separation. Her whole life seemed to flash before her eyes, and she closed her eyes, waiting for impact with the solid ground beneath her. But, she felt something wrap around her waist, slowing her down before she could reach terminal velocity.

"Blossom?!" She heard someone yell. Her eyes snapped open, and she was face to face with Steve. His one arm was around her waist, his hand gripping her tight and close, and the other hand held his shield. 

"Did you try and follow me?!" Steve yelled over the wind.

"Are you crazy?! I would never do that!" Blossom yelled back, feeling like arguing up in the air like that was unwise. 

"Then how are you here?" Steve asked, and she sighed.

"No one closed the hatch! The jet hit turbulence, and I fell down! I wasn't fast enough to grab anything, and I tumbled out of that fucking tin can!" She yelled, her fear of heights getting the best of her.

"Hold on tight! We're about to touch down!" Steve yelled, and Blossom's eyes went wide. 

"This is insane!" She cried out, and Steve looked at her.

"I know, trust me. Hold on!" He yelled. Blossom curled into him, and he pulled on a cord of the parachute. It opened, and they slowed down a bit. Blossom uncurled herself, and Steve shifted her into a standing position. Blossom wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his chest. His arm was still around her waist tightly, and they landed on the ground softly. Blossom let go of Steve, and he let go of her as well.

"Thank you. I thought I was going to die." Blossom said, and Steve smiled at her a bit.

"You're welcome ma'am. Now, let's go find the others."

"Others as Tony and Loki? Or Tony, Loki, and that other man?" Blossom asked.

"Let's just say all three of them." Steve said, and Blossom nodded. They both started jogging further into the woods where they landed, and they could hear yelling. Blossom pulled out her gun, which hadn't fallen out during her drop, thank god. Steve climbed up onto a log and then hoisted Blossom up. She held onto a tree to the right of Steve, and he aimed his shield.

"Hey!" He called, throwing his shield and separating the two.

"That's enough." Steve said, catching his shield again. He jumped down from the tree, and Blossom watched, still holding on.

"Now, I don't know what you plan on doing," Steve said, walking over to Tony and the other man.

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes." The man with the hammer said.

"Then prove it. Put that hammer down." Steve said, and Tony looked at him.

"Uh, yeah, no. Bad call, he loves his..." Tony said, but the man swung his hammer, hitting Tony in the chest and it sent him flying backwards.

"You want me to put the hammer down?!" The man yelled, and he launched himself into the air. Steve looked up at him, lifted his shield, and crouched underneath it. The hammer made contact with the shield, and it made a huge ringing sound. The impact created a cloud of dust, sent the man flying backwards, and Blossom fell forward, flipping in mid air and landing on her feet. When the dust cloud cleared, there were several downed trees, and Tony stood. Steve got to his feet, and so did the man with the hammer. Thye looked at each other, and Blossom watched them. All four of them were breathing heavily, and Steve was the first to speak up.

"Are we done here?" He asked. All three of them looked around, and they silently agreed that the bout was finished. Steve walked over to Blossom, and she looked at him.

"Are you alright ma'am?" He asked.

"Peachy. Now, how do we get back? Anyone have any bright ideas? No? Didn't think so." Blossom said, crossing her arms and letting her sass out.

"I could fly us back, but I could probably only carry the lady back." Tony said, winking in Blossom's direction. She rolled her eyes, and Steve did as well. 

"Excuse me, MC Hammer, but I never caught your name." Blossom said, motioning to the man with the hammer.

"I am the mighty Thor, my lady." Thor said, bowing, taking her hand, and kissing it gently. Blossom swallowed feeling like she tasted vomit, and took her hand back. Thor stood back up, and Steve looked at him. 

"It looks like flying is our only option. And it'll be awkward no matter who carries who." Tony said, and Blossom nodded. 

"I say Thor carries her back. Tony, help me up there." Steve said, and Tony rolled his eyes.

"I cannot. I must get Loki." Thor said.

"Fine, Capsicle. Hold on tight." Tony said, and he grabbed Steve's arm. Steve reached out and wrapped his arm around Blossom again. 

"Hold on. This might feel strange." Tony said, getting ready to fly.

"I'm used to STRANGE!" Blossom said, yelling the final word as Tony launched them into the air.

***

"Never again!" Blossom shouted as they entered the Helicarrier. Tony had tracked it down and they were now safely inside. Steve let go of Blossom, and Tony sighed. Blossom crossed her arms and stormed off to the bridge, and Tony looked at Steve.

"She's all yours, Soldier." He said, before walking off. Steve sighed and followed Blossom, keeping his distance. Blossom stopped at the table in the center of the room, and she looked at everyone around. She gazed at a man in a purple shirt, and he held his hand out to her.

"I don't believe we met. I'm Bruce." He said, and Blossom took his hand and shook it.

"I'm Agent B, but you can call me Blossom." She replied, and they let go. Blossom went to stand by Maria, and Steve sat down at the table when he entered. On the screens in the table, Fury could be seen talking to Loki. Blossom tuned them both out, since she wanted nothing to do with Loki.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked the God.

"He has an army, called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor said, turning to face the others. Blossom and Maria shared a look, like they did when they were younger and their mother would yell at them for something stupid.

"An army, from outer space." Steve said, and Blossom bit back a smile. The look on Steve's face screamed '100% done with this', and she found it utterly adorable.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce concluded.

"Selvig?" Thor asked, and Blossom tapped her foot. She and Maria glanced at each other, and they smiled.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce answered.

"He's a friend." Thor said, catching Blossom off guard.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell. Along with one of ours." Natasha said, looking down.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said. Blossom wondered that as well. Why didn't he run off when he wasn't under the watchful eye of anyone who was in that forest fight? Blossom silently left the room, not wanting to hear anymore of the conversation. Maria stayed behind, and Blossom left to the training room. She needed to just to clear her head and get some exercise. And, she needed to be left alone, more importantly.