Chapter Thirty-Eight

"So, you ready to leave?" Steve asked Saturday morning, already washed and dressed.

"Only because I have to be. Did you get the cat carrier?" Blossom sighed, rubbing her face gently.

"Yes I did. When are your friends and sister coming over?"

"In a few minutes, then we'll be off."

Steve wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. She sighed and snuggled into his arms. He kissed the top of her head, rubbing her arm slowly and softly. Creamsicle jumped up onto the couch and crawled onto Blossom's lap, almost demanding to be loved. Blossom smiled at the kitten and started to scratch behind his ears, making him purr. Steve smiled and pet their kitten gently, and Blossom kissed his cheek. They sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the last few moments they would have in Steve's soon to be old apartment when a knock sounded on their door. Blossom reluctantly stood and went to answer the door, and when she did, she almost collided with the floor. Maria had her crushed in a death hug, along with Paige, Riley, and Felicia. Steve was chuckling on the couch, and Maria looked at him.

"Steve, get over here." Blossom called, her voice almost smothered. Steve obliged and walked over, and Paige was quick to pull him in. 

"This isn't fair. We just got here, and you two are leaving us." Paige said softly, letting her friend and her friend's husband go. They all nodded in agreement, and Creamsicle mewed from his spot.

"Aw, you didn't tell us you had a fuzzball around here." Felicia giggled, walking over and gently holding out her hand. Creamsicle hesitated before nudging her hand with his face, allowing her to pet him. She smiled and motioned for Riley to come over, which she did, but slowly.

"Why isn't Riley as mean as she used to be?" Blossom whispered to Paige, and they both crossed their arms.

"Felicia's been helping her out ever since your inccident back at C.A. It's like therapy, and they're like sisters now. I guess you could say it's major attitude adjustment on Riley's end." Paige whispered, and Blossom nodded.

"Alright, noted. I'm sorry to have to do this to you guys." Blossom mumbled, looking down. Steve kissed her forehead before going to get their bags, and Paige turned to her friend.

"B, it's not your fault." Riley piped up, surprising everyone in the room.

"It sure as hell feels like it. Neither of us asked for this transfer, let me tell you." Blossom chuckled sadly, and Paige lightly punched her arm. 

"We know you didn't. Hell, none of us would. At least not now." Paige looked at Riley, who rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"We've had our differences in the past, but we buried the hatchet, right Blossom?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, we did. From now on, call me B if you want. I'm still keeping in touch with you all, just through Paige, since she has my number." Blossom smiled, huggingthem all again.

"Blossom, help me get Creamsicle into the cat carrier please." Steve called from the bedroom. Felicia pouted when Blossom walked over and took the kitten from her gently.

"Come on." Blossom smiled, petting the kitten slowly. His eyes started to close, and he was soon asleep, making it easier for her to place him in the cat carrier. Steve silently shut the door, and he carefully handed the carrier to his wife. She took it, and they turned to smile at the others.

"Well, it's about time to deploy. It means so much that you actually stopped by." Blossom smiled, setting the carrier down and hugging her friends tightly. When she got to Maria, they hugged each other so tight, they almost squeezed the life out of each other. They started to cry, and Steve sighed softly. Paige, Riley, and Felicia looked away sadly, and Blossom pulled back from her sister.

"You'd better keep in touch, everyday, until we see each other again. And Steve, treat my baby sister right." Maria threatened, but it didn't sound lethal due to the tears in her eyes and the tears streaming down her face.

"Don't worry Co-Commander Hill, she'll keep me safe, trust me." he smiled, making his wife blush.

"Well, we'll give you two a last moment alone, and we'll meet you downstairs." Paige smiled, and the three of them left. Blossom and Steve looked at each other, and she smiled shyly.

"Well, we made memories here." Steve chuckled, and she blushed.

"Yeah, I guess we did." she whispered, and he held her hands gently.

"Hey, you'll always be a city girl." he smiled, and she bent down to pick up the carrier. He held her hand and they walked to the door, where they paused.

"Hey, don't miss this place too much. You'll always be a city girl, and I'll always be a Brooklyn man.

"True, I'll always be a city girl, but you'll always be my Brooklyn Baby." she whispered, flicking off the lights and leaving the apartment with him.

***

 In a shabby apartment across the state, former S.H.I.E.L.D agent James Carter was angrily filling his bag with what he though he would need for his trip. His latest employer was sending him to D.C, under a new name. He picked up a fake ID that had the name Franklin Peters, and he looked at the cloth beside it. He picked it up and plastered it to his face, taking on a new look. He checked himself out in the mirror and smirked, zipped up his bag, and slung it over his shoulder.

"Hail Hydra." he whispered, leaving his run down place and jogging to the train station.

XxxA/NxxX

And that's the end! This story will go under editing, and then it'll be completed. I will be putting a story playlist together, so if you have any songs that might fit in, let me know :). I'm gonna miss these guys a lot.... 

Good thing I have a sequel planned ;). Until next time, Bye lovlies <3