Part 3. Squirrel Boy

The blueberry cheesecake somehow tasted bitter and sour, it's sweetness had been lost in the awkward silence between Jisung and his Mother

The blueberry cheesecake somehow tasted bitter and sour, it's sweetness had been lost in the awkward silence between Jisung and his Mother. No matter how many times he nagged her about looking after herself she never listened to him, he felt more like the mother figure than she was. He knew that her situation was difficult, but her efforts were very little. "How's the cheesecake Jisung? Does it taste good?" His mother chimed in through the silence. "..mmhm." Jisung poked his fork at the soft triangle. "..Are you mad at me?" The woman sighed at his almost untouched plate. "..No I'm not."

"Well, isn't it nice to see you again?" A voice spoke in a mocking tone, interrupting their conversation. Jisung adjusted his gaze from his blueberry cheesecake to a man standing in front of him. "Cheshire cat!" Jisung nearly jumped out of his chair. The man chuckled, "It's Lee Minho, but if you'd like I can let you call me that instead." "N-no." Jisung scolded himself as he couldn't seem to get his words out smoothly around this guy. "And what's your name squirrel boy?" Minho swept a hand through his honey locks, eyeing the boy clad in an oversized black sweater. Squirrel boy!? "Why should I tell you that?" Jisung huffed. He didn't like this Lee Minho guy at all. "It's just called politeness that's all, Mr...." Minho left his sentence for the brunette to finish.

Mr None of your damn business! "I-, Its Han Jisung." The boy furrowed his eyebrows at Lee Minho. "Enjoy your cheesecake, Han Jisung." And if Jisung's eyes weren't deceiving him, Minho definitely winked at him. The brunette watched as the honey haired latter left the cafe with two suited men trailing not too far behind him. "What a piece of work.." Jisung grumbled to himself, his brows still furrowed together.

"Who was that handsome man Jisung?" His mother batted her eyelashes at Minho who was now getting into a Mercedes Benz. "Some dickhole..." The younger mumbled. "..Sorry?" "I-I mean some rich dude." Jisung quickly interjected. "He seemed To be interested in you.." The woman grinned. "What!–no!" Jisung blushed at his Mother's teasing.

"Look at you all blushing sweetheart!"

"I-I am not!"

In Lee Minho's Mercedes Benz..
"Mr Kim." Minho folded his arms. "Yes Mr Lee." The bodyguard answered. "I want you to find out who Han Jisung is.."

"Of course Sir."

*ping!

A familiar chime sounded from Minho's back pocket, urging him to check the blue encased device.

[2 Missed Calls From: Hwang Hyunjin]

Hwang Hyunjin:
We need to talk Minho.
Meet me at the park.

Minho swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He knew exactly what this was about.

The guilt that he had always side-stepped and avoided was now coming to the surface.

A/n
2 chapters in one day! That's a pretty decent accomplishment since I'm a pretty slow writer. No one is reading this but Ily <3