Epilogue

You are exactly where you need to be

___

"Sh~t, sorry!" Fabian shouted as he dodged an on coming car, though his sprint to the hospital never slowed.

It was strange - the fact that he owned his own car repair and design shop - yet, he had no car to get him to the hospital in time for the birth of their baby.

Once he had gotten the call from his brother, who was now a strong teen, he had immediately ditched the cars and sprinted towards the hospital knowing traffic would be horrible.

Jaimie-mae wasn't due to give birth for at least another five hours, but she was in labor and he had to be there for her. Just as he had promised.

His heart beat like a base drum in his chest, the rhythm uneven and excited as he ran into the hospital and where his dad was standing just as tall and intimidating as seven years ago when he was back in college. 

Jaimie's mom was standing alongside him, an excited smile on her face.

It pained him to know that his mom wouldn't be there to see the birth of their new baby.

It turns out, she had been cheating on his dad with her boss John. But she started cheating when Jaimie and him left for their second term of college.

Eventually, the guilt had weighed too heavy on her shoulders and she had spilled all the information during their second year of college.

The whole family had immediately sent her packing and Fabian had somehow been the most torn up over the betrayal. Or so it seemed.

But like always, Jaimie was there to hold him while he cried and she cooked for the family while they were on break.

She was a lot of help during the whole process and thats when Fabian knew she'd be a fantastic mother.

They decided at the ages of 21 and 23 that they'd have a child together; agreeing that they both had to be financially stable. And mentally stable.

But when Jaimie had hit the age of 22, she ended up with a little bun in her oven which they went crazy over.

Sadly, it turned out that the pregnancy would prove hard for the both of them.

Her hormones were extremely off balance during her pregnancy and due to the stress of her constant nightmares and flashbacks, which she hadn't had in a very long time; she miscarried.

The two had to fight through that one together; though, they knew they'd find the light at the end of the tunnel they were both fighting against.

Fabian followed his father up to his wife's hospital room before letting himself in and making a beeline towards his beautiful Jaimie-baby.

"Hey Jaim," he smiled as he leaned over and pressed a kiss to her dewy forehead.

She smiled up at him tiredly, her pretty blue eyes twinkling. "Hey Fabe."

"How you doing?"

She groaned and let her head fall back on the pillows. "I feel like i'm about to give birth."

He laughed loudly and pat her huge stomach lightly. "That might be because you are."

"Labor hurts," she whined as she reached out to grab his hand.

He let her hold his hand and she idly twiddled it around his finger.

"I can't wait to see what the baby is. The suspense is killing me," Fabian said excitedly before his eyes fell on the machine that monitored her contractions.

He winced as she held his hand in a grip of steel and she cried out just as a huge wet spot grew on the bed.

"D-did you just pee yourself?" He asked shakily, the nerves and realisation that their very own baby would be there soon. In his arms.

"My water broke, stupid. Call the nurse."

He repeatedly clicked the call button and a few nurses rushed in and checked her, declaring that she was dilated enough to give birth.

***

"Wow," Fabian breathed as the nurse placed her in his arms gently. Holding his very own baby - the one that Jaimie and him had made from making passionate love in their huge bed - was like getting hit by a car all over a again. "Jaim, she's so pretty. Just like you."

Jaimie gave the most enthusiatic smile she could, though having to push so much had taken most of her energy. "Thank you Fabe."

"We can't just give her a generic name," Fabian said quietly as he ran his thumb over his newborn daughters baby soft cheek. "It has to be something special. A symbol of the two of us."

Jaimie huffed tiredly before letting out a small laugh. "Are you getting cheesy on me again, Fabe?"

"No," he laughed. "Come on wifey. I'm being serious. She needs a pretty name."

"How about... i dunno."

Fabian rolled his eyes and placed her back into his wifes arms carefully. "You want to name our child 'i dunno?'"

Jaimie shrugged and gave him a playful wink. "I dunno."

He chuckled and swept Jaimie's brown hair back before gazing at his tiny daughter who was grasping onto the ends of her moms hair in a tight grasp - like they both did with life multiple times.

"How about . . . Hope."

Hope

"That sounds like a wonderful name."