𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Comincia dall'inizio

There was one unofficial rule in Derry that everyone could agree on: Don't Fuck With Henry Bowers. However, there wasn't a single thought more that passed through my head as his hot breath ran over my ear.

I flashed him the greatest smile I could, which seemed to distract him long enough for me to kick him with my knee, using as much force as I could conjure. It took him a second, but he grabbed at his groin with a loud groan.

Those who were there to watch the scene stood with wide eyes as Henry fell to his knees. It didn't take long for me to realize I needed to leave before he'd be able to crawl back to his former state.

I had to dodge about a few dozen kids as I fled through the halls, even knocking into a few of them and sliding on some of the abandoned papers everyone left lying around, but nothing had been great enough to keep me from getting as far away from Henry as I possibly could.

It wasn't until I ran through one of the buildings exits that I forced myself to slow down and relieve myself of the built speed..just not in time for me to keep from crashing into one of the trash cans.

"Shit," I groaned, pushing away from it by my stomach and attempting to wipe myself clean by dusting the palms of my hands over my clothes.

"Jesus, she's hot."

I lifted my head up and spotted the boy who said that- his eyes appeared to be abnormally large behind his glasses, which were oddly large as well. He smiled goofily at my attention and shared a passing glance with the three boys around him.

"Beep beep, Richie," one said, who I immediately recognized to be the golden-haired boy that had been eyeing me down not even fifteen minutes ago. I felt less alarmed at the familiarity, but even then, I didn't know him.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked, directing my attention to him, but Richie, I think, had interrupted. "Hey, what's your number?" He spoke giddily, having his own take on what I said.

"Right. Let me tell him, then maybe he'll share it with you," I suggested. "That's Stanley," he replied, pointing to the boy at the right of him.

I nodded my head and passed 'Stanley' a slight smile as I slipped a hand in my backpack for a pen. "So, Stanley..what do you say? Call me?" I picked a pen from my bag, which happened to be one with a pastel-colored clump of feathers at the end.

"Do you mind?" I further questioned him, only walking a few paces towards him as he nodded his head sheepishly, appearing just as flustered as he had earlier.

I held his wrist up gently, using the pen to write my phone number neatly on his skin. And luckily for me, I'd gotten a phone for my room just last week, so if he did happen to call, I wouldn't have to pace around the kitchen as I normally would.

As I finished, I stuffed the pen away and took a short, sideways glance to the exit I came from. Walking out of it was an angry-faced Henry Bowers, walking stiffly down the steps, not alone, but with the rest of his gang.

"Hey," I piped up nervously, looking around the group of boys. "I have to go, but I'll catch you guys later?" I said hopefully, still trying to hide the fact that my heart had started beating faster by the second as the Bowers Gang walked around the campus.

"Yuh-Yeah. We were guh-going to the sewers tomorrow at tweh-twelve," one of them stuttered, who I now recognized to be Bill Denbrough from the stutter..he happened to be apart of one of the families that had a kid go missing, his brother, I think.

I nodded, assuring them that I'd be there, before walking off to one of the rusted bike racks and trying to appear hidden through the bunches of students as Bowers wandered around.

~Time Skip~

As I stretched my arms across the few pillows on my bed, a ringing ruptured from the small table beside me. I peeked at the phone tiredly, almost refraining from picking it up, but still did as the rings continued.

"Hello?" I called into it, the curled cord bouncing across my comforter as I held the phone against my ear.

"Hey, uh, it's Stan," the caller said softly, a quick smile spreading across my face as I heard his voice for only the second time after the short "Beep Beep, Richie" he let out earlier, and already, he'd left me with plenty of things to wonder.

"I didn't know if you were doing anything or not..I'm sorry for calling, I just wanted to say sorry for..looking at you." It was kind of an odd gesture, but I accepted it anyway and shrugged it off like it were nothing.

"That's okay, totally nothing to worry about. There's always room for a boy to admire," I chuckled, but it gave me a quick reminder of my encounter with Henry. "Unless you're Henry Bowers," I added, a weak replay of the situation flashing across my eyes.

"I saw that..are you okay?" He asked shyly, coming off as hesitant, even if it was only through the phone that I'm hearing him.

"I'm fine, I guess..but hey, tell me about you," I knocked off the idea of Henry, wanting to change the subject as quickly as I could.

"I-I like bird watching," he said, his voice cracking a little bit as the attention was drawn to him. "Birdwatching?" I asked, surprised that someone, anyone, our age might consider that as a hobby. "That's adorable," I joked, and I thought the line might've gone dead when he didn't reply for nearly ten seconds.

"Tuh-Tell me about you.." he stumbled, his voice shaking only slightly. "Alright." I let myself think for a few seconds, desperately searching for something I could say. "I love New Kids On The Block..and I write."

"What do you write about?" He asked curiously, which tuned out any unwariness showing in his voice. "Poetry.."

"Can I hear some?"

"Sure," I answered, bending over to the bedside table and taking a small leather-bound journal from it. I felt almost hesitant as I began flipping through the pages..everything here is..sacred. After a few seemingly drawn-on seconds, I'd decided on my latest- about him.

"Even the smallest infatuation can spark from a look,
One fallen foe to another,
The eyes pass as a treading wander."

"It's, uh..it's beautiful," his voice had cracked again, but it sounded like he meant it. "You think so?" I questioned him, just wanting to be sure of it, and he answered with a simple yes.

I set the journal back in its place and laid back on the pillows as we kept talking, our conversation seeming to last all night..

-

Chapter one, ready and published. I hope you enjoyed..this was little bit all over the place, but stuff happens...but hey, have a great day/night and stay tuned for the next chapter..bye <3

EDIT: if you've ever read this before, I'm totally sorry- the cringiness and everything is way beyond anything I've ever known, and from this point on I'll be rewriting it.