𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Listen to song above for this chapter^

EDITED: ✔️

~Your POV~

As I finished lacing up my sneakers, I took a quick glance to be sure I looked well enough for the day, though my outfit only consisted of a skirt and graphic tee. I kneeled down and scooped up my backpack after giving myself my own nod of approval, flinging it over my shoulders as the distant call of my mother fled down the hall.

"Y/n! Hurry up and get your ass to school, you're going to be late!"

Despite the aggression in her voice, I left my room and flashed her a quick smile before leaving, which wasn't returned as she took another sip of her morning coffee and grimaced at the newspaper that laid in front of her.

There was probably another missing poster printed on the paper, one of some small, ill-fated kid, wherever they might be..we were all clueless.

As I headed out the door, the sun almost blinded me for a moment as I trudged through the yard. It was the same as always- after the weeks of flooding, a warm breeze would roll in, along with the blindingly-bright sun, which only made my eyes hurt every time I stepped outside.

But today would be the last. I wouldn't have to get up so early in the morning for at least the next two months or dread the days as they pass and holding the weight of school over my shoulders.

I grabbed my bike from the light grass and started down the road as I thought of the luxury summer might bring me.

~Time Skip~

To ease my anticipation for the school day to be over, I slid a piece of bubblegum in mouth and used that as my distraction as I began chewing.

"Have a good summer!" Mrs. Wardwell, the biology teacher of Derry Middle, flashed us all a charming smile as she concluded her end-of-the-year speech.

The buzz of students went large in no time at all as I began to pack up my things. Across the room, I caught the eye of a golden-haired boy, who was anxiously picking at the collar of his button-up shirt. He looked away almost immediately at my acknowledgment, his cheeks flushing a bright pink as he slipped his backpack over his shoulders.

Wanting to see how flustered he might get, I winked at him jokingly, which seemed to do the trick as he turned his focus away from me entirely.

Right as I let out a small laugh, the students' voices were overpowered by a loud ring: the bell. "Thank fuck," I mumbled gratefully, glad that the last bell of the school year could treat me with such great relief.

I quickly shoved the last of everything, my notebook, into my backpack and hurried out of the room in the crowd of everyone around me, who managed to seem like they had formed a stampede as we all flooded out to the halls.

I slipped away from them to the side of a locker to avoid getting trampled. As a paper flew past my head, something- someone got caught on my foot and nearly fell to the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry-" I stopped what I was saying as I realized who, exactly, it was that had tripped. The mullet should have been enough for me to realize it, but it wasn't until he actually turned around that I recognized the boy.

"You don't have to apologize," Henry snickered, a hungry gaze glinting in his eyes as he looked me over. I bit my cheek to keep myself from gagging at the sight, knowing perfectly well that if I had, there would be hell to pay.

"What do you say we go off somewhere?" He questioned, but it came out as more of a growl as he pulled me closer to him by my arm, which felt a lot like being pinched.  "We can do whatever you like.."