A step back and a step forward

Derek's P.O.V

This was a massive step back for Stiles, he had been doing so well with hadeling his anxiety. He had been sleeping almost every night, he hadn't had a panic attack in months. When he wakes up he's going to be upset. He's so strong but even the strongest of people have a weekness.

After he had passed out from his panic attack we took him to the local hospital, my family were concerned but I convinced them that Stiles is strong and he'll be okay. Which he will, I'll make sure of that. Nothing is going to touch my mate or pack.

The hospital had sedated him, saying that he needed lots of rest after how big his panic attack was. My family had left, taking the pups with them but I couldn't bare to leave him all alone here. I was never going to leave him again. 'Never again.' My wolf agreed, reeking of worry and anxiety.

Eventually I fell asleep in the chair next to Stiles' bed, still holding his hand tightly in my own. 

~

Stiles' P.O.V

When I woke up, it was cold. I had a thin blanket laying over my legs and half of my torso, needles peirced my skin dripping some random liquid in my arm. I felt Derek's warm hand holding mine, he was asleep in a chair.

He had clearly been here as long as I have, I don't deserve him. I shifted slight, sitting up straighter. I accidentaly moved Derek's hand, causing him to jolt awak instantly.

"Stiles." He breathed out, smiling. He moved out of the chair and sat on the bed, wrapping his warm arms around me. "You're okay." I buried my head into his chest and placed my cold hands under his shirt to lay on hi back.

"Yeah I'm okay, sorry to be such a nuisince. (I can't spell guys.)" He pulled away, holding my hands in his own.

"Stiles, all that matters to me is that your okay, nothing else could be more important." I smiled as he leaned in and pressed our lips together, that's how I kissed Derek Hale for the first time.

"I couldn't live without you." He stated, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I think I'd be worse off without you then you'd be without me." I grinned, pecking his lips again.

"So Mr. Sourwolf, what does this make us?" I stared into his eyes, forgetting where I was and why.

"I guess that makes us dating, if that's what you want?"

"It is. You know the only thing wrong right now?" He quirked his hed to the side.

"What?"

"It's so quite without those little monsters!" He smiled and nodded his head.

~

Derek's P.O.V

"We can leave in the morning, but right now you need to rest love." He nodded and lay down, holding my hand.

"Stay with me?"

"Always." I settled back into the chair, letting the sound of Stiles' drumming heart beat sooth me to sleep.

This is all I've ever needed and will ever need. Stiles. 

"Good night Stiles, I love you." I whispered kissing his head before falling asleep.

"I love you too." He whispered back silently right before I fell asleep. "Forever."