↬ ii.

"i swear chanyeol and baekhyun are going to get married someday. i just know it." namjoon laughed.

jin nodded immediately. "they fucking better get married, i ship them so much! i have to see their relationship continue to grow. it's so adorable."

"hey i haven't been coming by the restaurant all that much recently—how is everything? i mean, you and chanyeol were pretty much the only ones managing it at that time, other than the cooks, of course. but your staff was so low, i was surprised that restaurant stayed in tact for so long."

jin's face lit up. "we're getting some new employees tomorrow. damn, i totally forgot to tell you. i don't know their names yet, but their first day is tomorrow. you should come by, i'll introduce you." he said excitedly.

"oh, really? how many are there?"

"three—they all applied at around the same times as each other. i'm so excited to meet them." jin replied.

namjoon nodded and they both sighed.

things were going quite well for not only the two of them, but for the whole group and for chanyeol and baekhyun.

it was going well after the incident.

the whole group tried to forget about it, or at least not think about it. it was a horribly awful time full of lots of battles, but they were happy—and very lucky—to have survived through it all.

"well, i'm going to bed for the night. what time are we going to meet the new people tomorrow?"

"2 o'clock," jin replied, "you can sleep in as much as you'd like. i honestly don't care. i'll be going in earlier, though. i'll come pick you up before two."

namjoon nodded and stood up, leaving the room.

[time skip]

namjoon's eyes fluttered open and he groaned to himself. he rolled around for a few moments, before checking the time on his phone, reading 1:07pm.

he sat up, realizing he had to get ready for jin to pick him up a bit soon. he then crawled slowly out of bed, brushing his teeth, putting on a sweater and jeans, and simply using his hands to comb his hair a little.

while taking a few bites of an apple he grabbed, he heard the front door open and jin call his name.

the younger held the apple in his mouth as he ran to slip on his shoes and go out the door. jin giggled at how funny he looked with the apple in his mouth, before the pair got into the car and drove to the restaurant.

once they arrived, they saw chanyeol behind the counter, talking to three unfamiliar people.

jin rushed to the group, while namjoon slowly made his way to a stool on the counter, letting jin introduce himself first before the younger began talking.

"oh, jin! you're back!" chanyeol smiled, and the new three turned around to face him. jin bowed and shook each of their hands, before chanyeol happily encouraged all of them to introduce themselves to him.

"h-hi, i'm yeosang—kang yeosang, nice to meet you."

"hi there! my name's minhyuk!"

"hey, i'm jihoon, but just call me woozi."

just by hearing them say their names, jin could already tell each person's personality. yeosang seemed much more quiet and reserved, reminding jin of namjoon when he first met the younger. minhyuk was definitely the happy, friendly one with a lot of energy, which jin admired. and woozi was surely the calmer one, who didn't mind talking but didn't talk too much, which made jin relieved.

"oh-" chanyeol gasped lightly, then covering his mouth as he didn't want to steal everyone's attention. he laughed at himself, then saying "ignore me, you guys tell him a little bit about yourselves!" to distract him.

while they talked, chanyeol snuck behind them and went to talk to namjoon.

"do you want to introduce yourself to them? i'm assuming that's why jin brought you—unless you're uncomfortable, that's totally fine. whatever you want to do."

namjoon shrugged. "i just wanted to see them."

chanyeol nodded at namjoon's words. "okay, i won't introduce you, then. do you need anything? coffee, a cookie, ten cookies..." namjoon giggled at chanyeol's hyper-kindness.

"a hot chocolate would be nice." he laughed.

chanyeol nodded, almost instinctively going to make the drink, before he stopped and turned back around.

"you know what, i'll have one of them make it. they'll have to start somewhere, huh?" he said. namjoon agreed, and watched chanyeol approach the group to tell them about their first little "mission."

the first person to volunteer was, not very surprisingly, minhyuk. he excitedly ran to grab a plastic cup to begin making the drink, while the others stood and watched.

jin chose to spend the few extra minutes he had to talk to namjoon. they chatted about what seemed like useless things to other people, but, of course, to them, it was considered a fun way to spend their free time. they could talk about anything, as long as they were together.

when minhyuk handed namjoon, he waited excitedly for namjoon to try it.

the boy took a light sip, as to not burn his entire mouth, and, though it was hot, he really liked it. he made a "mm" sound and nodded his head in approval.

minhyuk sighed with relief and said a sweet goodbye before walking off.

suddenly, someone burst into the shop.

it was jimin. "JIN, COME HERE NOW!"

neither jin nor namjoon could tell if he was happy excited or upset, but it sounded like he was distressed.

"IT'S HOSEOK!" he yelled.