00. chaos in calculation

┌────────────────┐events before season onezero: chaos in calculation └────────────────┘

┌────────────────┐
events before season one
zero: chaos in calculation
└────────────────┘

  ・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.

August 12th, 2004
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Every case, no matter how big or small, it always had the same feeling;

Adrenaline rushing through the veins, excitement seconds after; that's how it felt like. The idea of having power over a situation thrilled her because she knew at the end of the day she has saved people's lives. Some may not even be aware but it was better than letting the vulnerable finding out the truth about the world. Whether it's a solo run or team up. Feeling always stays the same, that's how a hunter should feel like on every hunt.

Regardless, things seemed to shift as the clock went on.

Even in the pit of her stomach she could tell things were twisting in the demon's favor. Her sister has taught her to follow the gut feeling because most of the time it was right. For once, there no longer was a familiar feeling over a hunt. Instead it was replaced with a much darker thought; she was paranoid.

It was the first demon case she and her best friend Alexis have come across to. Sure, it was a first demon involvement case she was allowed to come near and it always starts off the same way but seeing the state that the two were in, something felt off. It really bothered Evie that she couldn't figure out what that 'something' was.

After interviewing the witnesses they got back to their motel room to continue investigating the case and add the rest of the information together. Not long after the doors swung open and a woman younger than both stood in the doorway.

Both however weren't all that fazed by the girl and were ready to tackle her if she came to harm one of them. Because she was young and not as harmful but looks after all can deceive a person. Within seconds the girl's eyes turned pitch black and the demon's hand rose up, making both hunters fly against the wall.

It became such a blur, her memory hazing away. Her body working against her will, defending herself without a thought. Few minutes passed... maybe. She didn't know but she was tired and it felt like the demon knew that so it took its opportunity and sent them unconscious.

Now it all has led to this very moment of time. Once Evie woke up, she was met with a different room, they were no longer in a motel room, instead an abandoned house. It wasn't that hard to grasp her surroundings either, as she was stationed in what used to be a living room.

It had light cinnamon brown walls with mold growing across in a pattern way. The rusty red wooden floors covered in dust, you could easily see where their bodies were dragged from and the footprints scattered all across, even crunched leaves on the sides playing a part.