Party Before War

Hasar.

That bitch princess, whom had dared and to challenge Manon and had the nerves to invite them to a party. We should party before war, said the female dog, in case it is our last. Manon certainly hoped it was the princess's last.

She even had enough nerves after to try to chide Manon into wearing finery.

As if, Manon had scoffed on her walk with Dorian after. Dorian had gave her an incredulous look  as if he thought Aelin could make her wear a dress so can this wolf of a princess. She refused to even believe that. But when Dorian had asked-what about for me?

Manon had a plan brewing in her head even as she declined with a cunning smile. Dorian didn't seem to mind, but she could sense his disappointment in the air. As bitter as a clump of salt. Besides it would be a great way of surprising him with the news...

Manon knocked on Yrene's door and Yuliya answered. Manon told her she needed to see her mother. The child nodded and led the way. Manon couldn't believe this.

Believe anything she was about to do.

-

Yrene was shocked to see Manon Blackbeak-or Crochan she supposed- come in and stared at her in the eye. Witch or no, Yrene saw emotions there, as vivid as any human's or Fae's.  Yrene waved her daughter away and Yuliya shot her a curious look. Yrene simply stared back at the child until she left.

"I need your help," said the Witch-Queen.

So unlike her, so unlike a witch. But Yrene said ",For what?"

"I need you to tell me the best clothing shop here."

"Why?"

"Reasons you shouldn't know."

From the slight smile on Manon's face, Yrene could almost see the reasons as clear as a midday sun. But she simply gave the witch queen a smile and said ",Follow me."

Manon nodded, face unreadable, as always. Before they went, Yrene called for Yuliya. Yuliya took one look at their ready stance and squealed with delight as she tucked on her boots.

-

Dorian was shocked and surprised at the kind of parties the new khagan allowed in his palace. When Dorian had asked, Sartaq simply shrugged said, I couldn't stop them. As the feast started, Dorian waited for his wife to show up. Truthful, he was disappointed she disagreed to wear finery since the last time she did...he stared into space thinking about her in her wedding dress when Chaol coughed pointedly. He glared at his brother in arms, and Chaol simply grinned at him. Yrene had a small smile on her face as she watched Yuliya drooled at Antica's delicacies.

A long table was set out with all kind of delicacies and a array of selections to pick from.  Everyone at the table was either swathed in silk or expensive leather.  All looking way too eager for the rest of the night that Dorian had to refrained from guessing what the rest of the night is. He wondered if Chaol had felt the same shock and awe upon coming to Antica in those years of war.

He was even more shocked, when he heard Hasar choked on her food at something behind him. He turned and his mouth flopped open to find a small o.

Manon, the Manon, was wearing finery. She wore a off-shoulder silk gown, that had so thin layers of gold and silver that when the wind hit the dress breezed its many layers, making he look like the wind herself. It curved over her body perfectly, bringing out lines and marks that no one would see under normal riding leathers; near mid-thigh a straight cut was made through the slightly ruffled skirt, allowing view to her ivory leg. Manon's hair was loose, its length near past her navel.