Better Now, Than Never

"There is no way I am wearing that," protested Manon.

"Yes, you are," Aelin insisted.

Manon started complaining once more before the servants and tailors began to drag her to ready her for her wedding. With the knowledge of the Valg Kings coming for vengeance, Aelin had said it's better to have the wedding now or never. Manon had said they could just do a simple one, but Aelin just have to disagree.  She particularly arranged everything. Manon didn't mind. She wasn't the type to pick flowers, food, or silk which all felt literally the same.

Like literally. Everything smelled, felt, and was the same.

How the hell did the Queen of Terrasen even knew the difference?

-

Dorian stood on the isle, trembling slightly. The throne room was transformed into a wedding hall with the decoration Aelin had ordered in. Yellow and white and red roses lined the top of the pillars, its vines falling off in waves on the walls. Green and silver silk curtains draped the windows of the halls, The colors of Terrasen. Chairs and tables were put out, and so was food. They had doves to coo along with the music. Dorian had no idea where Aelin had even got them from. And lastly himself, clad in a suit of navy blue with a white rose tucked in his pocket.

Despite the aura of the room, Dorian was a wreck. Every second, minute, and hour got him more anxious and anxious. Wedding jitters, Chaol had said, it'll pass the moment your bride appears. He hoped so, because he had given everything for this moment.

Risk his life.

Let go of Sorscha. 

And went into the arms of a Witch Queen.

But all his worries evaporated the moment they announced Manon had arrived. She came in through the oak doors wearing a white off-shoulder vintage lace dress with long sleeves. Her hair was braided (probably against her will) into a diagonal waterfall style with a white rose tucked in the corner. She wore white fur boots, the only thing she chose herself. As she walked with her bouquet of white roses, she met his eyes. Those golden eyes showed the same emotions he felt moments ago. Only now for him those emotions are gone.

He made the right choice.

And seeing Manon walked down the isle toward him....

She was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen.

-

The people in the room stared as the Queen of Witches made her way on to the altar. She stopped right in front of the groom, The King of Adarlan. He displayed out a hand and she took it and climbed up the stairs. 

And the ceremony began.

"We have come today," started the Priest ", To celebrate a reunion between the Witches and the people of Adarlan. Perhaps to join both kingdoms into an unbreakable alliance or. . . a reunion of love."

They stared at the bride and groom as if looking for a message. The two did not as much as blink. 

The Priest continued ", To make this connection official and unbreakable, I will ask you of your vows."

He turned to Dorian ", Do you, King Dorian Havilliard II, take the Queen of the Wastes and Witches as your wife and will you forever love her and care for her until death do you part?"

"I do," said Dorian firmly ", And further than death."

The Priest turned to Manon ", Do you, Queen Manon Blackbeak Crochan,  take the King of Adarlan as your husband and will you forever love him and care for him until death do you part?"

"I do," said Manon ", And further than death."

"Then with the power granted to me by the gods and rulers in this room I, now, pronounce you husband and wife." 

The Priest looked between them and said ", You may now kiss the bride."

Dorian looked to his new wife with happy tears in his eyes. Manon had a small smile on her face, the only emotion she'll let through. He stepped forward and kissed her for the first time in front of the world.

Husband and wife.

-

As the guests from the Wastes and Rifthold enjoyed themselves with the company and food in the throne room, the bride and groom escaped silently. Not even Aelin could find out. Queen or Fae or Assassin.

Dorian opened the door to the room they now shared together for their stay. He carried Manon in his arms and went through the oak door silently closing it behind him. He smiled at his newly wedded wife and she returned the smile with an equally cruel one.

"We did it," Dorian whispered into her hair ", Wife."

"Are you tired, husband?" she asked with a brand new nickname herself.

"Very," he responded. Manon shifted in his arms and tied her arms around his neck and nibbled at the pale band around his neck. He shuddered not so from the cold.

He felt her smiled against his skin as she murmured. ", There's two choices, princeling, do you want the bed or the washroom?"

Dorian smiled and answered ",Whichever."

She continued to nibbled at the pale band as he locked the door and made their way toward the washroom.

Haiyo! I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's countdown today, so I published this at nine right now in Cambodia. Anyhoo, I hoped you enjoy. If you asked why I wrote a lot of Manon and Dorian then it's because THEY MAH FAVORITE SHIP! Ahem, sorry, but that's my reason. Yeah, I know, I should write more of the others and I will. So look forward to:

Elide and Lorcan!

Yrene and Chaol!

Aelin and Rowan!

Aedion and Lysandra!

Aileen! And her best friend or sidekick Evangeline!

AND ANY OTHER PEOPLE YA PEOPLE SUGGEST!

Anyway, BAI!