Nehemia Ytger's Message

It was burning fire. Everything was burning. In the wildfire and golden flames that Aelin was so used to . It circled everywhere, weaving in and out of every corner and scaring any lesser person than her.  When she had stress, she always came here. And for no reason, the place always brought her people she thought she needed to talk to. 

That was, until she saw who she was with.

Circled in flames as she was, Princess Nehemia Ytger turned toward her. Aelin paused, allowed herself to take in the picture of her friend walking, seeing, breathing. Alive. She thought, and as if Nehemia sensed her thought she shook her head.

"You completed your oath well," said Nehemia.

Aelin fought the wetness that started in her eyes, the heat climbing it to it, fought the light that bloomed in her chest, and failed. It fell free, that piece of grief she left aside for so long. The tears dripped slowly and silence and Nehemia opened her arms.  With no hesitation, Aelin flung herself at her friend.

"I missed you," said Aelin ",Things happened."

"Death has its advantages," responded Nehemia.

"Why are you here? I thought I needed someone like my mother or something."

"Where did your arrogance and sass went?"

Aelin laughed wryly ", You should say that when you see Aileen."

Aileen took it back the moment she said it but Nehemia's eyes brimmed with happy tears.  "I know," said she ", I am so proud...so proud Aelin."

Aelin went silent at that, as real as Nehemia might feel now, she knew from heart that Nehemia was dead. She needed to embrace that information, and had embraced that years ago. 

"I came to say Aelin," started Nehemia ",You went so far....

"Do not give up now, I know you are stressed and feel hopeless...

"But I know you are determined to stop it and is willing to sacrifice yourself again and again for it...

"So Elentiya, Celaena, and Aelin allow that spark of light and hope guide you..."

And Nehemia said what she did in that Wyrdgate years ago

Do not let that light extinguish.

-

Elide was shocked to hear Aelin announced that she had sent parts of her court to different regions to gather their allies. Though Elide doubted they would join that easily seeing as the last time they were all called in to fulfill each and every of their dept owed to Aelin. She was sure the witches would fight though, Manon was the sole proof of that.  She was even shocked at how far each and every journey would take.   

Rowan and Aelin were to stay at Terrasen and watch over the kingdom and call in the Fae of the west seeing as she was the Fae Queen of the West. 

Lorcan and her were to follow Sellene and Endymion back to the East to call in the Fae. 

Dorian, Manon Chaol, and Yrene (and Yuliya) were to go to Antica, to inform Nesryn of the threat.

Aedion and Lysandra will help handle Adarlan and the Wastes while their leaders will be gone.

Aileen, surprisingly was somehow able to convince Aelin that she could command the Fae warriors already here.

The new kid, Alistair was pissed at that.

Lorcan came around and slung his arms around her ",What are you thinking about?"

"Do you think something caused Aelin to step up this fast?"

"Perhaps a friend, she has a plenty lot to remind of what is right."

Elide raised a brow ", And you're one of them?"

Lorcan snorted ", Hell naw."

"Right, maybe it was a. . . friend."

"Who do you think it was?"

She chewed on her lips ", No one did anything special or seem odd but I'm not sure."

He nuzzled her neck ", With a gaze like yours, I doubted you're wrong."

Elide rolled her eyes, but made no move to speak. She just picked up Lorcan's hand and began to play with his fingers. Rotating and pulling forth and back, like a child. She wondered about it as she continued to play his fingers.

Who else knew Aelin enough, to actually move her?

Haiyo! I just checked today and saw that my story got 33 views! I have no idea if it was just me checking through my chaps with my reader version or is it really people reading my stories. If there is really people out there reading my stories then.......

OH MY DOG! OH MY DOG! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

I thought I'll never have readers thanks to the fact I haven't been with one for like AGES...and if you are really out there.....then please leave a comment or show some indication that you are there. Because............I'M JUST TO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Anyway sorry for the short chap, anyway BAI!

A Better Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें