Reconnection

*One week later*

  The tour bus was still exciting to the company and everyone had fallen into a new routine. You had called a top bunk from the start and knew that Sharna was going to be below you.

  Maks and Artem had top and bottom bunks, respectfully. Witney and Savannah ended up paired together on the bus as well. Val had two bunks to himself until Gleb moved in after being on the other, more overcrowded bus.

  You and Savannah hadn't really interacted much, even though she seemed to have wanted to. It didn't help that Val was putting up a front around basically everyone until it was time to hit the stage. There, things were perfect.

  Yesterday, you had seen Maks and Val talking backstage in low whispers but couldn't make out what they were saying. It seemed to get heated after something Maks said and Val grew angry but soon walked away, brushing past you and saying nothing as he went.

  The show for today was in North Carolina and the buses had just arrived at the theatre. Sharna grabbed her backpack and handed you yours as you both walked into the space. She set her bag down into a chair a little less than gracefully before speaking.

  Awe was in her eyes now as she says, "Are they all going to look like this, Y/N?"

  "Some more than others." You smile widely, thinking back to when you and the brothers got together to choose venues.

  "Fucking wild!" Alan exclaims as he comes up to the both of you in conversation.

  "Language!" You and Sharna both jokingly scold him now and a light blush rises to his cheeks.

  "Kidding, goodness." You follow up with a smirk.

He nods sheepishly and then excitedly walks over to talk to Artem instead.

Val clears his throat loudly, which causes everyone to cast their gaze over to him. He chuckles a bit before hopping on the stage.

  "Alright, so tonight is our first show!" He pauses while the dancers all clap and yell for a moment in celebration. V then continued once the noise has died down. "Call time isn't until 4 which means you all have a lot of time to explore or sleep or whatever you do to get ready. Have fun. See ya then."

                                     ••••

  Four hours later, you are backstage starting the long process that is show makeup. The lights around your vanity mirror are lit up so bright that they're borderline migraine causing but you can't help but feel the nervous energy growing in your stomach.

  Sharna comes in after a bit and begins on her makeup, the other girls soon follow. Sometimes, getting ready is a quiet process only accompanied by music in one's earbuds. Other times, it's a loud and laugh filled event with stories and music and weird dancing. Today is oddly enough the former with everyone just dancing in their seats and singing  softly under their breath. You love these moments.

  Time seemed to have slowed down but before you knew it, the stage manager came onto the speaker and said to begin prep for places. Everyone was finishing putting on shoes and adding final touches to makeup. The guys waited patiently outside of the dressing room doors until Maks knocked and called out in a whisper yell, "C'mon, we have a tradition to start!"