"Come inside. Yoric is at the main gate waiting for alchemical plant shipments. You're welcome to make yourself at home. Though watch our son Caeruleus. He is rather moody."
Lionent nodded as they walked through the threshold and into Benirus Manor. Bellona thought it looked large from the outside but once she was inside it was actually rather small, cramped almost. It made Bellona frown. She's never been one for claustrophobic spaces. They gathered in the main room and sat by the fireplace. "So, of course, this is the dining and lounging room. The kitchen is that way." She gestured to the doorway to the right of them. "Beyond that a staircase leading upstairs. By that a door leading to the basement. Help yourself to the fruit over there." She pointed to a table in the corner with a bowl stocked with apples and pears. "I'll be right back I need to get your garden trowels from the basement." With that, she turned away and a door could be heard opening and then shutting.

  Bellona's mother sighed and leaned back into the padded wicker chair. After a few minutes, they both heard footsteps coming down from above them. An older boy about sixteen or seventeen dressed in a burgundy outfit holding a book sat down at the dining table. He eyed them for a second scrunching his nose before starting to read. Bellona thought that was an odd behavior then she remembered what her mother had said about him. 'He's definitely bothered by us.'

  He kept looking up from his book at them and could tell he had something on his mind. His eyes kept trailing up and down Bellona's body. Looking at her sandaled feet to her pink skirt than to her orange tunic. Then he would look at her mother and do the same. He kept doing it as well. Each time a snooty look and a disappointed shake of the head. It's making Bellona uncomfortable so she looks at her mother and nudges her with her foot. Lionent opened her eyes and set her head up. "What?"
I nodded over to Caeruleus who was reading. My mom didn't understand so she leaned in and asked. "What's going on?"
"He keeps looking at me and you," Bellona whispered. Lionent glared at her nephew.

Bellona watched as her mother stood up and walked over to the teen. She tapped him on the shoulder and he glared at her and stood up. He looked down his nose at the elf. "Yes?"
"Excuse me but is there a problem? You keep looking at me and my daughter. It's bothering us." Lionent is trying to be nice. He sighed. "Well, nothing in particular. I'm just disappointed. I assumed members of my family would be more... presentable in appearance. You, on the other hand, look like peasants at a Thalmor party." Caeruleus bluntly stated eyeing Lionent's brown pants and worn shirt. Lionent stood stiff and smacked him. "Pardon? Unlike you, I'm not a materialistic brat!" Caeruleus looked up from the floor holding his cheek.
Beatrice rushed into the room clearly annoyed. "What has happened?" She pinched the bridge of her nose.
"That's enough to go to your room before I get your father," Beatrice ordered. Caeruleus stood up and rolled his eyes and walked past his mother upstairs.

Lionent calming herself sat down at the table. Beatrice rested a hand on her shoulder. "I apologize. Whatever he did or said I apologize."
Bellona just watched her mother in surprise still. She's never seen her act like that. Yes, she's seen her raise her voice or yell but never had she seen her hit someone. Lionent brushes Beatrice off. "It's fine. It's fine. Don't worry I just need to calm down. I'm going outside to find Yoric." She stood up and walked out of the manor. Aunt Beatrice turned to Bellona. "I'm sorry my mother hit your son." Bellona looked down at her lap in shame.

"Don't apologize Bellona sweetie. He had it coming. May I ask what he did?" Beatrice sat down by Bellona. "Caeruleus was just looking at our clothes. When mother asked what his problem was he called us peasants." The Breton looked up. Beatrice frowned and shook her head. "I don't know where we went wrong. We raised him to be a kindly boy but I assume he's the way he is because of our status. Bellona darling, if he does that again don't be afraid to deal with him yourself. If you can't, get me. Okay?" She rested a tanned hand on Bellona's lap. "Okay." Bellona nodded looking to her aunt.