⠀⠀𝟮𝟰. ❛ STRENGTH IN WHAT REMAINS ❜

Depuis le début

     "After the trial, Hunter was sent to the Saint Perez Mental Asylum for the Criminally Insane. He was given daily electroshock therapy to cure him of his urges and then faded from view." Harry announced, looking around the room.

     "Until the night your particle accelerator exploded," Caitlin spoke softly, all eyes sweeping to her.

     Harry nodded as he cleaned his glasses. "That's right. The dark matter crept into the mental asylum. I had thought piping the explosion underground would limit exposure. I was wrong. All it did was create an unstoppable monster."

     The room was tensely silent before Barry shook his head, stepping forward. "He's not unstoppable. Jay doesn't know that we know who he is. He thinks that his past is a secret."

     Nodding, the scientist slid his glasses back on. "Exactly. Which is why we're going to use it against him."

     Piper raised her brows and turned to look at him, wincing at the pain that shot up her back. "And how exactly are we going to do that?" she asked.

     "I'm so glad you asked, Lita," Harry nodded, turning to face the rest of the team. "I found an abandoned hospital with the highest residual trans-dimensional energy levels here in Central City. One of the breaches used to be located there. Ramon, you have the same powers as Reverb. That means you can open breaches, just as he can. I recalibrated the goggles to the electromagnetic frequency of this Earth. It should help you access enough of the trans-dimensional energy to manipulate it.

     "If you open up a breach, Zoom can come through, and we can catch him. Once he would come through, Barry and Piper would bring him back here and to the training room. We could set up cardboard cut-outs of his family, especially his mother and father, and use them to throw him off balance. While he's distracted, one of you can take him down physically while the other attaches a meta-dampening clasp to his leg, hindering his ability to run. Then, Detective West and I would come in and detain him."

     Cisco raised his brows as he looked at the two speedsters, both of whom were glancing at the other with skeptical looks. "You make it sound so easy." He replied, crossing his arms.

     "That's because it is," Harry deadpanned.

     Piper furrowed her brows and placed her ice pack down on the desk beside her. The man had a good plan, but would it work? Could it? Surely Zoom wouldn't be that easy to take down, but then again, using his parents and past against him would make things easier. He'd be vulnerable and off-guard. Two things the team needed to defeat him.

     Cisco sighed. "But what if I can't open up a breach? What then?"

     "If Reverb can, so can you." Harry shrugged, and the latter huffed.

     Clearing his throat, Joe stepped forward. "When exactly would we be doing this?"

     Barry glanced away from the redhead and to his adoptive father, wondering the same thing. Not that catching Zoom wasn't important, it was extremely important, but all Barry's mind had been on was Piper and their date that was supposed to be tomorrow night. With her injuries, however, he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to still have it. He didn't want her to be in any pain.

     "Tomorrow night. That way, we have time to set everything up and ensure nothing goes wrong."

     Piper's eyes snapped up from the ground and widened. Tomorrow? Seriously? The one time that I finally have a date with Barry, this happens.

     "You've got to be shitting me."

     "Seriously?!"

     The two glanced at one another, equally annoyed and disappointed expressions making themselves quite clear on their faces.