⠀⠀𝟮𝟯. ❛ UNFIXABLE GRIEF ❜

Start from the beginning

     Sighing, Barry ran his hand through his hair. "What about her bruises? How bad are they? I know she had to change out of her suit when you took the scans and showed you."

     She glanced up with heavy eyes, laying down the x-rays. "They're pretty bad," she whispered.

     Cisco glanced away, biting down on his lip as he stared into the side room where the purple speedster lay soundlessly. "After Zoom attacked her, she shut down and shut us out. Now that her parent's killer has a way here, will she shut us out again? I don't think I can take not seeing her every day," he muttered, and the doctor frowned, looking down at her hands.

     "She won't. She needs us right now, and we need her. Besides, I'm not letting her go anywhere." Barry replied, his eyes resting on her as well.

     The room faded into a foggy silence while a storm of demons swirled around in the mind of the sleeping beauty. A small, scarcely visible frown waved over the redhead's face as her fingers twitched in her sleep.

     Turning around apprehensively, her eyes caught the movement of a dark shadowy figure ducking behind a box. Pushing away the rising anxiety that pulsed through her veins, she turned back around, continuing to make her way down the dark corridor. A dark, wooden door at the end creaked open, and she stopped midway, the floorboards hissing as the speedster made his grand appearance, a smirk dancing upon his lips as he aimed a jaded dagger towards her.

     "I did everything you told me to do. Athena's in jail."

     The glowing yellow figure tilted his head, taking a step forward.

     "Where's Ginger?"

     "You're about to find out."

     A fraction of a second. That was all it took for the redhead to be thrown backward and shielded from the strike of the dagger that he'd thrown. A gasp escaped the lips of the shadowy figure as their backside collapsed against her body.

     Piper's shirt was stained red, and she looked down at the person, letting out a blood-curdling scream once she recognized the strawberry-red hair. Falling to her knees, she cradled the woman's body to her chest as her tears mixed with the blood. "S-Shh, it's okay, you're okay, everything's going to be okay." The feeble whispers were barely audible as her lips trembled.

     "I-I'm sorry."

     Shaking her head, the redhead gazed down at her sister, tears streaming down her ivory cheeks. "Please don't leave me." The sound of desperation in her voice was evident, and the latter could hear it. Her tear-filled chocolate-brown eyes watched as her sister squeezed her green ones shut tightly, coughing harshly into her chest, blood dribbling down her chin.

     "I love you, P," Ginger whispered weakly, giving the younger Lita a forced smile that only brought on more tears.

     "Please."

     Please. That was the last word she ever heard Piper whisper before she left her alone in that corridor. It was the last word she could ever say to her. That was her last request.

     "Oops." Her head shot up at the voice that was laced with amused satisfaction.

     "You..." Piper growled, her blood-covered hands shaking. "I will kill you for this."

     A jolt of electricity flowed between her veins, and she sat up abruptly. Her chest was rising up and down in a rapid fashion, her breath coming out in raspy wheezes as she blinked away the burning tears. Placing her hand over her heart, Piper gasped for air.