Ch. 19

"What do you mean, taken away? Like missing?" 

Percy's head was running at a thousand miles per hour. She looked crazed- all in good reason, of course. 

"Not missing. The demigods you freed- Will was among them. It took days for the gods to set up another hiding spot for them after the attack. Nobody noticed until days after they returned."

Percy scrunched her eyebrow together, thinking. "That doesn't make sense. Nico, the Seven, the Apollo cabin, Chiron- they wouldn't forget about him. Something's wrong."

"Well, that's what happened!" Jordan yelled, looking worried and hurt-  though Percy doubted that it was because she doubted him. 

"What about you? You wouldn't forget about Will. He's your brother for Hera's sake. You guys are practically inseparable," Percy pressed, sensing something was off. Will had become a sole member of the entire camp- he was like everybody's mutual friend. 

"Look, Percy- we all feel terrible. Before I left, everyone was sleepless and frantic. It wouldn't be the craziest thing."

While Percy felt suspicion gnawing at her stomach, she kept silent for her friend's sake. He was probably distraught and filled with guilt about what happened to what happened to Will, and she didn't want to press him any further. 

He had become close to her, especially after the Giant War. Everyone was coping in their own way with all of their struggles varying person to person. Jordan had lost his best friend to the Romans- and in spite of this, he remained  forgiving towards them. He had turned to his brother, Will, but he had been to preoccupied with healing all of the campers to mind his brother any attention. 

The other time he had was spent with Nico- it was natural for Jordan to get jealous. Percy, at first, only hung out with him because Will asked her to help him get Jordan out of his hair for a while. After that, they became friends. 

"Percy- you're friend is welcome to stay here as long as he likes. But we need to start preparations immediately," Steve said, appearing behind Percy. She nodded. 

"Yeah, sure. Whatever he wants." Percy gave a wary smile to Jordan, something that didn't go undetected by him. He looked like he was suppressing something, which made a knot of uneasiness stir in Percy's stomach.

"Come on Cap. We were about to get to the good stuff!"  Tony whined jokingly, gesturing for Jordan to come close and discussing with him in hushed whispers that Percy strained to catch, with no avail.

"If this issue has been taken care of, I will be returning to my room." Loki announced, giving the appearance of annoyance yet an undertone of relief edging his voice. He still had old traces of a nervous sweat that has broken out on his face still lingering, which gave away he had been a little more than indifferent. Percy suppressed a smile and nodded at Loki, who nodded back. 

Percy stared at the back of Jordan's head intently, as if she stared hard enough he would turn around and answer her questions. You never know. Annabeth had a knack of noticing when someone was looking at her- especially the Daughter of Poseidon.

Something was off. Well, not that Jordan had ever been normal- he had grown bitter and awkward from living in the shadow of Will's greatness for so long. While Will had been his father's and his mother's favorite, a medic and a born hero, he had tagged along for the ride. His skills never came close to matching his brother's- he was lousy with a bow and he did more harm then help during his medic help sessions.

According to Jordan, Apollo had told him that he had acquired a special gift, few of the Apollo kids had- his powers, instead of revolving around the main two qualities of Apollo campers, were different. Sure, he had a terrible voice- worse than Percy's. And that was saying something.