GETTING OVER YOU - LEE MIDAM (requested!)

im sorry for not updating :,) pls bear with me

midam's pov -
it's been over nine months since we've broken up. getting over you wasn't the easiest thing, but i'm glad that i'm doing fine without you.

i'm able to listen to what used to be our favorite songs without getting sad. i'm able to hang out with my friends more happily and i have more freedom.

i was headed towards the practice room to prepare with my teammates for next month's evaluation. as i opened the door, the boys were all running around the room like little children.

"guys! midam's here, let's start practicing now!" byunggon yelled. as we all got into formation, we all began to practice in synchronization.

after 2 hours of practice, we all sat down and began talking about how we've all been doing. we all knew that we will no longer be considered as treasure A, but we'd have to compete against one another to make it in the debut line up.

doyoung out of the blue asked, "do you guys know what it feels like to be you know, in love?"

all it took were those four simple words for all the memories i had with you to come flushing in. "to be in love" because what exactly is it like to be in love.

"midam hyung!!" yedam snapped in my face.

doyoung asked, "were you ever in love with
y/n?"

"doyoung-

i interrupted hyunsuk and replied with, "y/n and i were together for 2 years,"

"2 years? wow what a waste of time," junkyu snickered

"no, i don't think it was. i didn't even realize how fast time flew by because i was so ... happy," i replied.

i looked around to see everyone's eyes on me and seunghun gestured that i go on.

"we were high school sweethearts, i made the first move during our senior year and ever since then, her and i began to got to know each other..."

after i had explained the story to them, it had felt like some weight was off my shoulders since i've been keeping it deep down within me all this time.

i decided to head down town to go to our what used to be our favorite chicken restaurant we would always go to every two weeks when we both got paid.

while walking through a small intersection, there you were right in front of me. nine months after we've broken up.

the memories came flushing in more than they did earlier.

i remember wrapping my arms around you to give you warmth during these cold months. i remember always ordering out and you having trouble of choosing between the two, but i told you to get both.

i remember having saturday morning breakfasts with you and playing pc games together in the cafe. sometimes you'd let me win purposely because you were the best pc gamer i knew.

i began to think of all the times we'd stay home and have a spa day with each other. you'd always apply skin care products on my face and constantly tell me that i have no flaws, which we both knew was false information.

"hey, it's been a long time hasn't it? how have you been?" i greeted you but you just looked me with your sad eyes.

"i've been good, now i must get going," you greeted me formally but we agreed to speak normally to each other.

you began to walk pass by me and the thing was that i wanted to stop you. i wanted to stop you and explain to you everything that happened before we broke up.

my heart felt as though i was getting stabbed a thousand times. i put in my headphones and continued my way home with you on my mind.

maybe i just tried convincing myself that i got over you when in all reality, im only at the first step of healing from this break up. accepting reality and my emotions is what i must do to get over you.

-

okay so i've been down in the dumps lately so this one kind of just reflected on my feelings and in general. i'm okay though! i hope you guys enjoyed this