Personal Imagine: Joey Tribbiani and Nina

Personal Imagine
-Joey Tribbiani and Nina -
Requests are now closed.
Please go and follow my Instagram page for this account: thunderandrain96

You and Joey had known each other your whole lives. You had grown up next door to him and since your mums were best friends, the two of you got stuck together. In the beginning the two of you weren't too keen on each other but eventually the two of you became best friends. He always looked out for you and you were always grateful for that. He was the one that protected you from the bullies during high school, the one who gave you his shoulder to cry on when you're parents divorced, and the one who beat some guys ass for sleeping with you as part of a bet. You moved to New York City two years after he did and moved into an apartment in a building a few blocks away. He tried to persuade you to move into the same building as him but you didn't want to feel like you were invading his space. You slotted into the group nice and everyone was in awe of the friendship that you shared with Joey. You were currently at the coffee shop with Joey, Chandler and Phoebe, waiting for your boyfriend Luke to come and pick you up for your date. "Nina, will you please tell Chandler that that girl is way out of his league," Joey said.
You glanced over your shoulder and looked at the blonde girl sat at the table behind you. "I think he could get her," you responded before going back to reading your magazine.
"Dude, you're supposed to be on my side," Joey whined.
"Hm, I don't think so," you said, not looking away from your magazine.
"I'm gonna go talk to her," Chandler stated.
"I don't think so, I've got more of a chance than you," Joey smirked.
Your rolled up your magazine and smacked Joey over the head with it. "Hey! What was that for," he complained, rubbing his head.
"Stop being so cocky, let Chandler have the girl for once," you scolded.
"I'm not cocky, take that back," Joey huffed.
"Joey, your ego is so big that one day your head won't fit through the door," you retorted.
"Some best friend you are," Joey said with mock offence.
"Stop being such a baby," you chuckled," you know I love you."
"Hm, guess I love you too," Joey replied as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder.
"Awe, you guys are so cute," Phoebe cooed.
On many occasions, the girls had teased you saying that you and Joey would make a cute couple. Joey had always been protective over you when it came to guys but the girls instantly took this as him having feelings for you and not wanting you to date anyone else. You always told them that they were silly for thinking that the two of you were more than just best friends but they never dropped the matter. "Hey babe," a familiar voice said.
You looked up and saw your boyfriend smiling down at you. "Hey," you grinned before pressing a quick kiss to his lips.
"You ready to go?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'll see you later guys," you said before exiting the coffee shop.
Joey watched the two of you walk out of the coffee shop and eyed your boyfriend suspiciously. "What's with the sour face?" Phoebe asked him.
"I just get a bad vibe off of that Luke guy, I don't why," he responded, watching the two of you through the window.
"Is it because you're in love with Nina," Chandler teased.
"What? No? I just don't like that guy," Joey huffed.
The truth was that, and he'd never admit it, Joey had fallen for you long ago. You were his first crush all those years ago and when you moved to New York, all those feelings came rushing back. He always pushed his feelings aside because he valued the friendship he shared with you above everything. He always got jealous when you went on a date and he was always suspicious of your boyfriends. "Joey, Luke seems like a really nice guy, I wouldn't worry," Chandler said, trying to soothe his clearly agitated friend.
"I don't think he is, and I'll find a way to prove it," Joey replied.
"You can't just go and interfere in her relationship Joey, she's happy and if you ruin that she won't be happy with you," Phoebe stated.
Later that night, Joey headed out to go and grab a takeout. Normally he'd order in but he couldn't shake the bad vibe he had gotten from your boyfriend so he decided to take a walk and clear his head. When he reached the pizza place, he saw a familiar face standing outside of it. When he realised it was your boyfriend, he rolled his eyes, annoyed by the fact he'd have to play nice to someone he disliked. A girl walked out of the shop and headed straight for your boyfriend. Joey stopped, curious as to the relation between the girl and your boyfriend. His eyes nearly burst out of his head when the two of them kiss. He couldn't believe his eyes. Your boyfriend was cheating on you and he was the only one to see it. Oh how he wished that he'd asked you to come and get pizza with him. Anger seethed out of Joey and on impulse, he stormed over to your cheating boyfriend. "Oi! Who the hell do you think you are?" Joey yelled.
Your boyfriend turned round and his eyes widened when he saw Joey. "Crap, Joey, don't tell Nina, please," your boyfriend begged.
"Who's Nina?" The girl asked.
"No-one you need to worry about," your boyfriend lied.
"Nina's his girlfriend, the girlfriend I've just caught him cheating on," Joey snapped.
"Excuse me? What? He has a girlfriend? You disgusting pig," the girl snarled, shoving your boyfriend to the side before walking away.
"You son of a bitch! How dare you do this to her," Joey spat.
Without even thinking, Joey punched him square in the face, knocking him to the floor. "You're lucky it's just a punch in the face, I'm telling Nina and she'll dump your sorry ass as soon as she finds out," Joey snarled.
Joey went to get some pizza to take over to yours. He knew he had to tell you but he didn't just want to ambush you so he thought he'd at least buy you some pizza first. Half an hour later, Joey was outside your apartment, panicking over how he was going to tell you. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. You opened the door and Joey was shocked by the sour look on your face. "What do you want," you snapped.
"Wow, what's the matter?" Joey asked.
You stepped aside to reveal your boyfriend sat on your sofa, an ice pack on his face. What you didn't see was the smirk resting on his face when he saw Joey at the door. "What the hell is he doing here?" Joey hissed.
"He's here because you punched him for no reason and he came to tell me exactly what you did," you explained, anger laced in your words.
"No reason?! I caught this asshole cheating on you, I guess he forgot to tell you that part," Joey snapped.
"He said you'd threatened to lie and say he cheated," you responded," I just didn't think you'd ever lie to me."
"I'm not lying to you Nina. You're my best friend, why would I lie to you? I saw him cheating on you which is why I punched him in the face," Joey yelled.
"Babe, don't listen to him. I'd never cheat on you. He told me he has feelings for you and that I need to back off. When I said no he punched me, he's making up all this cheating crap," your boyfriend said, wrapping his arms around you from behind.
"I think you should go Joey," you mumbled.
"You can be serious? You've known me forever Nina. I can't believe you think I'd lie about this," Joey said, shaking his head.
With that, he turned around and left your apartment. If you were being completely honest, you didn't know who to believe. You didn't want to believe that Luke had cheated so you chose him over Joey. "Babe, I think I need to go to the hospital, do you mind driving me?" Luke asked.
"No, of course not," you responded.
For the rest of the night, you contemplated your decision, wondering if you'd actually made the right choice.

-Two weeks Later-
You were sat in your apartment with Rachel who had come over to tell you that she had seen your boyfriend out with another girl last night. The thing you were most worried about wasn't that your boyfriend had cheated on you, it was the fact that you didn't believe Joey. "Rach, I'm so stupid, I believed that scumbag over Joey. I lost my best friend," you sobbed.
"Hey,hey,hey, it's okay, we can fix this," Rachel soothed.
"He probably hates me, I'll never be able to fix this," you cried.
"Nina, Joey's been in love with for as long as he can remember, he doesn't hate you, he's just heartbroken," Rachel explained.
"Wait what? He's in love with me?" You questioned.
"He just never told you because you mean so much to him and he didn't want to loose you," Rachel replied.
"I can't believe this, he's been in love with me this whole time and he never told me," you mumbled.
"Why does it matter that he never told you?" Rachel asked.
"Because I'm in love with him too."
You stood up and threw a jacket on, heading to your front door. "Where are you going?" Rachel called.
"I'm going getting back Joey."
You hurried down the stairs of your guiding and dashed into your car. You sped off down the road, desperate to get to Joey's apartment quickly. It took you a matter of minutes to get there and when you did you ran up the stairs, faster than you've ever ran before. You hammered on the front door repeatedly, trying to get him to come to the door quicker. Within a split second of him opening the door, you had your lips pressed against his. He didn't respond for a few seconds but eventually he did, and moved his lips against yours. However, it didn't last long because he pushed you away from him, an annoyed look on his face. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked.
"Joey I'm sorry. I should have believed you. Luke is cheating asshole and I was too embarrassed to admit I'd been cheated on so I pushed you away instead. But Joey, I love you. I was with the wrong guy all along," you rambled.
"You're right. You should've believed me. You don't know how much you hurt me Nina," Joey sighed.
"I know Joey and I'm sorry, I love you so much and I want to make it right, from now on, you're my number one priory and always will be," you responded, placing your hand gently on his cheek.
Joey let out another sigh and stared into your eyes. He stayed silent for a few moments before removing your hand from his cheek. "I love you too Nina, so much. But you hurt me, and you basically acted like you didn't trust me," Joey said.
You placed your hands on Joey's chest and looked up at him with sincere eyes. "I trust you Joey. I trust you so damn much. I was just stupid. Please forgive me Joey, being without you is the worst thing ever," you cried.
Joey wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer to him. He reached one hand up and tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear. He placed his forehead against yours and then slowly captured your lips with his. Your salty tears mixed in with the gentle but passionate kiss. Your lips moved perfectly in sync, and the whole thing felt so right to you. When you pulled away, you smiled up at the man you were so in love with. "I love you Joey, and I'm so sorry for everything," you said.
"I love you too baby," Joey responded, pecking your lips softly.
"Now, can we go beat Luke's ass. Rachel saw him cheating on me again so I'm prepared to give him a piece of my mind," you huffed.
"Let me go get my bat," Joey said before disappearing off into his bedroom.
You giggled at his antics, finding his protectiveness over you cute. You were so lucky to have him in your life and you vowed never to let him go again.