Joey Tribbiani {Daughter's Boyfriend}

-Joey Tribbiani and Y/N-
Synopsis: Y/N discovers that hers and Joey's daughter has a boyfriend. When Joey finds out he shows the young boy how protective he is over his only daughter.

Y/D/N= your daughters name

You were currently sat in the coffee house with Rachel at one of the window tables. You were both waiting on Ross and Joey so that you could go out on a double date to see the new action movie that the guys were wanting to see. "Hey isn't that Y/D/N?" Rachel said looking out of the window.
You turned to look and saw your daughter stood on the other side of the road, talking to a boy. "Does she have a boyfriend?" Rachel asked.
"Not that I'm aware of," you responded, still carefully watching your daughter and the unknown boy.
Your daughter usually told you everything so you thought that maybe they weren't dating and he was just a friend. Just as you'd convinced yourself that they were just friends, the boy leant down and kissed your daughter making your eyes widen. "Oh my god she's got a boyfriend," Rachel squealed.
You watched as your daughter and the boy walked off hand in hand. "She told me she was seeing one of her friends today, I didn't realise that that was code for boyfriend," you replied," I can't believe she didn't tell me."
Before Rachel could respond, Ross and Joey walked into the coffee house and headed straight for you. "Hey baby," Joey greeted, pressing a gentle kiss to your lips as he slid in next to you," you okay?"
"She's a bit upset because it looks like Y/D/N has a boyfriend but didn't tell her about it," Rachel explained.
"What? Y/D/N is too young to date. Who is the boy? Do we know him? What did he look like?" Joey rambled.
"I don't know who he is but he looks like a nice guy," you replied.
"Looks can be deceiving Y/N," Joey said.
"Let's head to the movies before Joey explodes," Ross interrupted.
You all agreed and left the coffee shop. You walked hand in hand with your husband as you headed towards the movie theatre. He continuously asked you questions about what you knew and it was driving you mad. "Joey just drop it, we'll talk to her about it when we get home," you said.
You walked inside the building and the guys went and bought the tickets. "Joey doesn't seem keen on the idea of Y/D/N having a boyfriend," Rachel chuckled.
"He's driving me mad with all these questions, he's such an over protective dad," you replied.
You all headed into the screen and found you seats at the back. Joey wrapped his arm around you and you leant your head on his shoulder. Just as the movie was about to start, two people started running up the stairs, clearly both running late. As they got closer you realised it was your daughter and the boy from earlier. You had hoped that Joey hadn't seen them but the fact that he had a tight grip on your shoulder made you realise that he had. They sat a few rows in front of you and thankfully hadn't seen you. Rachel, who was sat next to you, was laughing at the current situation and how Joey was reacting. Even thought you desperately wanted to focus on the movie you kept on glancing over at your daughter and the mystery boy. Joey hadn't torn his eyes from them at all and you dreaded what would unfold when you got home. "Joey will you stop staring at them and just watch the movie," you whispered.
Just as you'd said that, the boy put his arm around your daughter and you knew that Joey wasn't pleased about it. "Who does he think he is? He can't touch our daughter like that!" Joey grumbled.
As much as you loved that Joey was protector of your daughter, he was really starting to get on your nerves. "Oh for goodness sake Joey, will you just watch the movie and leave them alone," you snapped.
He huffed and removed his arm from your shoulder, crossing his arms across his chest. Joey finally started watching the movie but occasionally glanced down at his daughter, making sure she was okay. He truly loved his daughter and wanted to protect from anything and everything and that was something that you loved about your husband. You placed you hand on Joey's knee and he took your hand in his instantly. "I love that you're protective over Y/D/N, but you need to let her grow up and that means letting her have a boyfriend," you whispered.
"I know but she's my little girl, I don't want her to grow up," he replied.
Before you could even respond, you were interrupted by the sight of Y/D/N and her date kissing. When you glanced up at Joey, he was glaring in the direction of your daughter. "That's it," Joey hissed.
He stood up and stomped down to where his daughter and her date were sat. You repeatedly called his name trying to stop him but he ignored you. Your daughter looked startled when she looked up and saw her dad hovering over her. With ease, he picked her up and put her on the seat next to hers and situated himself in between the two youngsters. You couldn't believe what he had just done and neither could Ross and Rachel. You weren't pleased that he has humiliated Y/D/N in front of her date but he was extremely satisfied with himself. When the movie ended you made you way down to Joey, an upset look on your face. "Hi Darling, I'm just going to borrow your father for a moment, please excuse us," you said as you grabbed Joey's arm before pulling him out of the screen.
"Why on earth would you do that to your daughter? She's so embarrassed!" You snapped.
"She's my little girl Y/N, she shouldn't be going round kissing boys yet," Joey huffed.
Moments later your daughter emerged from the screen, hand in hand with her date, followed by Rachel and Ross. "Mum, Dad, I want to introduce you to Alex, Alex this is my mum Y/N and my Dad Joey, who you've already met," your daughter said.
"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you," Alex said.
"It's lovely to meet you, I apologise for my husbands behaviour, he's just very protective over Y/D/N," you replied.
You gave Joey a look, telling him to apologise to the two youngsters. "I'm sorry for embarrassing you Y/D/N, it's just hard watching my little girl grow up," Joey apologised.
"It's okay Dad, just please don't do it again," your daughter grinned.
Y/D/N pulled Joey in for a hug and you were grateful that she wasn't upset with him. "If it's okay with you both, I'd like to take Y/D/N out for dinner," Alex said.
"That's fine, but have her home by ten," Joey responded sternly.
"Thank you sir, it was nice meeting you both," the boy smiled.
You waved goodbye to your daughter and her date. You parted ways with Rachel and Ross, who were heading out for dinner, and headed back to your home. Yourself and Joey situated yourself on the sofa and you curled up into his side. "I love you you know," you said suddenly.
"You were mad at me half an hour ago and now you love me again?" Joey chuckled.
"Our daughter is so lucky to have you for a Dad, she'll always be protected and safe with you around," you replied.
"And she's lucky to have you for a Mum," Joey said, pressing a kiss to your head," and I'm lucky to have you as my wife."
You gently placed your hand on Joey's cheek and softly placed your lips on his. Later in the evening, after eating some Chinese takeaway, your daughter came home with a mad look on her face. "Everything okay darling?" You asked.
"I'm gonna kill you Dad!" She hissed.
She grabbed a cushion off of the sofa and began whacking Joey with it. Joey grabbed the cushion from her hands with ease and put it in front of him for protection. "What was that for?" He asked.
"I can't believe you embarrassed me like that in front of Alex!" She snapped.
Looks like he didn't get away with what he did at the movies after all.