Chapter Five : Remembrance

Start from the beginning

"I swear to god, Louis, if you were an Omega, you would be my mate, standing right beside me with a crown on top of your head." The Emperor affirmed and pecked the Beta's forehead, pulling the asleep man closer to his person while the stars laughed at their naivete.

* * *

It had been four months since that straightforward declaration which Louis had rammed callously into his face and also four months since he had disappeared without a trace and the fact Harry was livid every moment, he was away from Louis rose quite a few eyebrows from his most trusted men.

There was no note. No informant. Nobody who had any information about Louis who had suddenly after announcing his love for the Emperor had vanished into thin air. While his evanescence had been knowing only to a few selected people of his inner circle like Niall, Liam, Zayn and Nick but search parties had been thrown everywhere to get Louis back, as soon as possible.

"I still don't understand why he did it," Harry repeated to Niall who was joining him for dinner. "Everything was fine, he was fine, wasn't he?

"I know, Harry," Niall nodded, taking a bite from his plate, "he never mentioned anything, not even during training."

It wasn't an unknown fact to anybody in the palace that Niall was Omega Royalty in the guise of a Beta and was taking vigorous training despite the objections of many Alphas including his cousin Liam Payne under Beta Commander Louis Tomlinson. Everyone knew the immense dislike Liam held towards Louis and the knowledge that his own cousin chose an outsider over him, displeased him to great extents which also instigated a violent fight in the hallway once, where the Alpha was forcing Louis to submit to him until the Beta pinned him to the floor and the almost choked the Commander in Chief threatening him to apologize when the two were finally pulled away by Harry.

Luckily there was hardly anyone to witness it and Niall had found the Emperor quick enough. When they did pull away, Louis walked out spitting out venom-laced words which went along the lines, "This is why Zayn stepped down from the Royal governing and army because you didn't have the fucking ego to deal with an Omega excelling better than you which he obviously would," Louis said with his words unwavering and stuttering not even by an inch, "so he suffocated himself to let you breathe."

Liam was appalled by the direct impertinence and Zayn widened his eyes at the implications but the said incident had taken place six months ago and to have it related to Louis' disappearance was foolishness.

"Harry, I want him back here," Niall placed before the Emperor who just stared at him and let out another sigh of desperation. "You're not the only one, Niall."

"Did he ever mention any particular place, he'd like to go if he wasn't here?" Niall asked, "Try remembering."

Hardly did Harry formulate an answer when Zayn brought in his bonded mate inside the Chambers without announcing himself and made Liam stand in front of the Emperor to which the curly haired man rose an eyebrow, "What happened, did you find him?"

"Well, wouldn't you like to know?" Zayn asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm and his eyes stagnant on Liam, "Will you do it or should I?"

If Liam needed to confess something, it certainly didn't look like it.

"Fine then!" Zayn snapped and shifted his gaze to the Emperor, "Louis left because of him."

This one statement whipped every cell's attention which was present in the Emperor to focus it on Zayn, as he and Niall together drew a shocked, "What?!"

"When you were sick with the arrows, your health was unstable. Most of the healers were sure you'd live but nobody knew if you'd get out of it unscathed, so," Zayn elucidated with his eyebrows drawn in, staring daggers at his mate, "Louis, it seems is a very good healer and nobody was letting him treat you so he went to my Alpha and asked him to let him treat you and-"

"-in exchange of that you asked him to leave?" Niall completed, surprised at the explanation to which Zayn nodded but the blonde turned to his cousin with tears in his eyes, "Why?"

"Because of so many things! He acts like he owns the place just because you shower him a little bit of attention! He doesn't even have a designation! He's not even an Alpha to have that sort of pride!" Liam threw in reason after reason. "He can't keep his mouth shut and had the audacity to train Niall even though-"

"-STOP!" Niall screamed with tears draining down his eyes. "You're just insecure! He isn't a threat to your position! If he was, trust me, Liam, you would've been replaced long back." Liam was taken back, the man before him wasn't just his cousin but had been a confidant for years and him throwing in an accusation of this manner, not only hurt him but immensely upset him.

"And just saying it's because the two of you weren't enthusiastic enough to train me, I approached him," he pointed towards Harry and Liam.

"Do you have any idea where he left to at least?!" Niall asked the sturdy Commander.

"He didn't say," Liam muttered rolling his eyes. "Said you'll find him if you really need him."

"Who's you?" Niall asked.

"Harry."

On listening to the statement given by Louis, Niall turned to the Alpha, "Could it be Diety?"

"The search party from Diety has returned, they said they found nothing," Harry responded but shook his head, "but I know where he is and I'll leave by dawn to fetch him."

"Harry, what is your judgement on him?" Zayn asked, looking at his Alpha in reference.

"I don't have any," Harry shrugged with his voice growing hoarse, staring down at his friend, "you pass judgement if there's damage done to possessions or your person, you don't pass one if you're hurt emotionally."

"My anger has flashes, Liam but pain? That stays, deep-rooted." He responded but the Alpha Commander looked confused and looked at his superior, incredulously, "Harry, he is just a random Beta, you can get another one to sleep around with."

"You said that once, I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear you but the next time you even imply that, Liam, I will not hesitate to cut you in half."

Widening his eyes at the first real threat, Liam received in his life from the same friend who had taken beatings for him and who he had helped to conquer the throne of Imperium was warring him, "What is wrong with you!? I am your friend! He is just a random outsider who you know from the past few years."