Chapter 11 - Making a deal

Start from the beginning

I swung my fist out and punched him in the head causing him to fall to the ground unconscious. It took me a while to figure how to do that.

After that I grabbed my gym bag and made my way back to the apartment. Oh Nikki will be in for a surprise.

--------

Walking back to the apartment I looked towards the direction of the park and saw a familiar figure in distance. Walking closer I saw Aaron and a little boy on the swings. The little boy who looked about 6 or 7, he was on the swings with and ice cream cone in one hand and his other arm in a cast.

"Hey stalker, what you doing here?" Aaron shouted as he spotted me walking farther towards them.

"Just stalking an arrogant, cocky dude, you know the usual." I reply acting casual.

Aaron just laughs at me and I turn my attention towards the little boy who is now shyly eating his ice cream.

"Hey sport! What's your name?" I say crouching down in front of him. Shyly looking up and me he blinks and smiles.

"Jordan, I'm Aaron brother." He smiles even wider at me.

"You're a cutie. Hey what happened to your arm their buddy?" I ask sincerely. He looks up quickly tears glazing over his eyes.

"Uh we should uh ge-" Before Aaron could finish his sentence Jordan pipes in and whispers something in my ear.

"Daddy got angry and he pushed me down the stairs, but Aaron said I should tell people I got pushed of the swing or daddy will hurt me again, but I told you because you're nice, but pretend you don't know okay I don't want daddy to hurt me or Aaron again." He hugs me tightly before running to Aaron and walking away.

I said a quick bye and as I walked back to the apartment I was trying to process everything that happened. Did their dad abuse them? It's not my business to intrude so I'm going to leave it for now and sort out this stupid problem with Kane. Then I can find out more about Aarons dad. Maybe what Jordan said was just a misunderstanding.

I sigh and as I entered my apartment Nikki runs up to me and hugs me tightly.

"Oh my god Mia please don't run off like that again. Did he hurt you? What happened? Why didn't you answer my calls?" Nikki rushed out frantically holding me at arm's length.

"Nikki I'm fine. I'm fine. I ran into Kane, BUT! Before you say anything just listen Okay?" I say holding my hand up making sure she won't say anything. She nods her head and complies whilst sitting down on the couch.

"Okay so, I ran into Kane at Starbucks. He pulled me into an alley" I see Nikki stiffen at this but I continue on. "He threatened to take me again if he didn't get £25,000 by 20th of July. He told me to meet him at 4:00 so he could get his first payment of £15,000. I need to give him the money. He threatened to hurt Charlie and I'm not going to let him hurt one of the people I actually care about" I say sternly looking into Nikki's eyes.

"I know Kane. If I give him his money he won't come back for more because he is too stupid to make the same move more than once. If I give him the money he wouldn't dare come back and everyone will be safe. Please Nikki, just let me do this, you know I can't go back to them. Not ever." I say pleading. She sighs and buries her head in her hands. Then she looks up to me with a spark of hope in her eyes.

"I trust you on this Mia. I'm only doing this because I know how much Charlie means to you and I wouldn't want anything to come between your future."

I hug Nikki and thank her before going to shower and relax my muscles. They have really been hurting recently because of my fighting, but I'm used to it now and I know fighting is worth it.