Chapter 14: Field Trip

Summer's POV:
Today's a very exciting day cause today is the Annual Travis Prep Field Trip! Every year we go to different places. Last year, we went to the zoo. This year, we're gonna visit the Music Museum. I've always wanted to go there!

I pack my stuff for the field trip and go to school.

(At school..)
My mom dropped me off and I kiss her goodbye and look for my friends. I didn't see any of them, so I just sit down and wait for them.

So it's been a few minutes, and none of my friends are here yet. Then I see a red car with drum stick stickers on the window, and I'm pretty sure that's Freddy. So I go near it and wave to him.

"Hey Summer! Are you ready for the field trip?", Freddy says. "Absolutely! I brought a lot of stuff.", I tell him. "So um...Summer, wanna sit together?" "Aw sorry but Asher already asked me to sit with him." "Oh it's fine. Well see ya in the bus."

It's been 30 minutes and Asher isn't here yet. And Principal Mullins is about to make us go in the bus in any minute.

(After 30 minutes..)
"Attention everyone! We shall go in our respective buses now.", Principal Mullins announces. "Wait! But Asher isn't here yet.", I tell her. "I'm sorry Summer, but we have to go."

I wait for a few minutes but he hasn't arrived yet. Well, I guess he's not coming then. So I just go in the bus with no partner.

(In the bus..)
I get a seat and put all my stuff down. I can't believe Asher isn't coming and he didn't even tell me. I thought he loved me. Oh well..I'll just eat my bag of cheetos.

As I eat my chips, someone sits beside me and it's Freddy.

"Hey Freddy. What are you doing here?", I ask while I eat mt chips. "Well, you look lonely so I decided to sit with you.", he says. "Well thanks Freddy. If only Asher told me he wasn't coming, I would've sitten with you." "No problem. Wanna listen to some music? I promise my playlist is a bop.", he says. "Make sure it is.", I chuckle as he passes me his earphones.

We just listen to music throught out the whole trip.

(At the museum..)
"Alright! We are here at our destination. Please bring all your valuables and I hope you enjoy your tour.", Principal Mullins says.

I grab my bag and my phone and I receive 7 messages from Asher but I ignore them. I hop out of the bus with Freddy and go inside the museum.

There's so much to look at in the museum. There's the history of music, Mozart, Freddie Mercury, and so much more! I'm glad we had a trip here.

"Hey look at this!", Freddy says as he imitates an iconic Michael Jackson move. "I must say that was spot on!", I chuckle. "I'm glad you became my partner this year.", he tells me. "Me too. Not that I also won't be happy if Asher became my partner but this was fun.", I smile.

We walked around the museum some more and went back to the bus.

Author's Note
Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the book so far. Message me your ideas cause I'm kind of running out.