28

hey guys, so I had a few questions for you about things in general. I guess I will list them and I hope I get some feedback.

1. I had this book idea where each chapter is based on a song. The chapters are short stories that correlate with what the song is about. I don't know if anyone would want to read it or if I should do it for like a certain band, like the book is just for the boys in PRETTYMUCH or Why Don't We, or etc. I don't know. Thoughts?

2. I have had many people come to me for advice on writing before so I was thinking about putting out a book for you guys to ask me questions about writing fanfiction. Like if you want to start but don't know how you could ask me questions there. It would be sort of a Q and A book if that makes sense. Again, thoughts?

3. Finally, are you guys enjoying this book? Is there anything you think is bad about it and I should change for my future stories? 

anyways, it would be great if you guys left your opinions here so I know. I like to please you guys considering you are the ones reading my writing. without further ado, let's get on with the chapter.

Her coffee eyes scanned her booth for what felt like the thousandth time. It was important that everything was perfect. Although she didn't necessarily enter to win the first prize scholarship, it would be nice to get some recognition. Adjusting her main photo of Zion, she felt arms snake around her waist. Jumping a little at the touch, she turned around to find her three best friends. 

"Hey!" Venus squealed shoving Austin away to give her best friend a hug. "How's it going?"

"I'm nervous," Haven choked pulling out of the hug. Her palms started to feel sweaty as she thought about what might happen in the next couple of hours. The festival was open to the public now and she could see the crowds flooding in through the gates. Taking her attention away from them, she looked to Tyler. "How about you? Are you nervous?"

The boy shrugged, stuffing his hands in his denim shorts. "Not that much. I post all of my content so I already get feedback."

"But this is in real life feedback," Venus spoke. Again, Ty nonchalantly shrugged. Haven continued to bounce on the balls of her feet. 

"The performing arts part of the festival is first right?" Austin asks turning to the other boy.

With a simple nod, Tyler looks down at his watch. Slowly, his eyes widen. "And I needed to be over there five minutes ago." Before anyone could make a snarky remark, Tyler was running over to the stage area. 

After fixing a few things with her booth, Haven walked with her friends over to the audience. Sitting in the crowd of people, the three watch the stage as the performances start. Once a group of dancers performs live and a pianist plays a song Haven's never heard before, Tyler comes on stage. A wide grin forms on her face as her best friend starts to speak.

"Hi," his voice echoes in the amphitheater, "My name is Tyler Wells. I am a senior at Grover High School and I made a music video with my friends. The song was written, composed, produced, and sung by me. I also directed it. With that said, I hope you enjoy." The boy stepped away from the microphone and headed off the stage. Haven looked over to the screen as the video started to play. She watched in awe as the sound of Tyler's song filled her ears. 

When it was over, the three friends in the audience started to clap along with the rest but made sure to be the loudest. After a few more people, the performances were over and the contestants walked back up on stage. One of the judges walked up on stage and started to explain the process of judging and how they were being evaluated. He also congratulated all of them for the fact that they had the courage to put their work out there. Haven started to zone out thinking about her own booth. Would it be good enough? Would people like it? Would Zion see it?

She so wrapped up in her head, she barely noticed Tyler win the second prize of 5,000 dollars. The loud boom of Austin's cheers drew her attention away from her nerves. Once the final prize was given to a girl who performed a cover of Feeling Good by Michael Bublé the judges announced that it was now the start of the visual arts part. 

Haven's heart started to race as she headed to her booth. Even though she had double checked that nothing was wrong with it before and had been approved by the district to be presented, she still wanted to triple check. As she looked over her pictures again, Austin and Venus finally caught up to her. "Haven, don't worry. Everything is perfect," Austin tried to reassure her.

"Are you sure?" She trusted the blonde but wasn't completely sure. He wasn't a photographer. How would he know that it was perfect? Maybe there was something wrong with it. 

"He's right," her mother's voice grabbed her attention. Naomi and Jacob stood to Haven's side. 

"Mom! Dad!" Haven smiled, hugging her parents. 

Jacob looked over his daughter's many photos, "They are all stunning, Buttercup." All she could do was smile at her father's compliment. She knew she needed to trust her parents and her friends. Everything would be fine. 

"How about we look at other booths? Maybe you can see that your photos are much better than everything the other contestants have to offer," Venus suggested linking her arm with Haven's. 

Hesitantly, the girl with wild curls nodded her head. "Okay." The group started to walk in the opposite direction, but Haven could feel something inside her telling her to turn around. An instinct. "Wait," she practically shouted. Everyone paused looking at her. She turned around in her tracks.

Zion walked through the sea of booths in search of hers. He wanted to find her and talk to her. this was the place he knew he could at least try. She would ignore him if he tried to talk to her at home. Here she wouldn't be able to leave. Finally, he found it. 

His eyes stared at the many photos. Every single one was beautiful in there own way. What captured his gaze the longest was the big photo in the middle. It was him. He stared at the photo for what felt like forever. She chose this to be her main photo. He wanted to think that it was her way of forgiving him, but he knew that it wasn't the case.

That wasn't Haven.

Sighing, he turned back around. She wasn't there. There was only one thing on his mind.

Would she ever forgive him?