Naka-tingin siya sa akin. I wanted to beg for him to just answer the question. I just wanted to know! I knew I said I'd chase him... but that would change if he's with someone else. As much as it hurt, I'd respect his choice.

"Yes."

"Ah..." sagot ko habang pinipilit na maglagay ng ngiti sa mukha ko. 'You heard that, Katherine? He's with someone else. Congratulate him, and exit gracefully. It's not his fault that he's with someone else. You knew that when you left to find yourself. Don't hold that against him. Be happy for him,' I kept on reminding myself as I stood before him, my face plastered with a smile. "Congrats..."

Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba sa tagal ng panahon, nag-iba na iyong ugali ni Jax, pero kitang-kita ko talaga kung paano niya pinipigilan iyong tawa niya. Bakit ba siya natatawa?! Kita na ngang hirap na hirap na akong magpaka-graceful ex-girlfriend dito...

"I was just kidding. I'm not seeing anyone. I waited for you."

I didn't know why, but I immediately hit him with the folders I was holding. "You asshole! Dami mong alam, ha?!"

Tawa siya nang tawa. "I just wanted to see your reaction."

"Ano, masaya ka?!"

He nodded. "So, you're back for good?" he asked, his face stretched widely from smiling. Sabay na kaming naglakad. We were walking side by side as we went from our court appointment. He was in his suit and tie while holding his brief case, while I was in my black pantsuit and holding my folders and envelopes. This was the dream. I was finally living the dream.

"I am. You remember the project I told you I was working on?"

He nodded. "Yeah. The one you didn't want to tell me."

"Yeah... Jinx ka kasi, baka 'di matuloy," tukso ko sa kanya. Inirapan niya ako. "But we're finally celebrating our first year. I'll invite you there para alam mo kung ano'ng pinagkakaalabahan ko before."

Maybe we were bad lawyers because we decided to call in sick and spend the rest of the day together. We just wanted to be together after all these time apart. You'd think na wala na kaming pwedeng pag-usapan dahil palagi naman kaming nag-uusap nung nasa Alaska pa ako, but for some reason, hindi talaga kami nauubusan ng topic ni Jax.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked. We were at my hotel room. Naka-upo kami sa kama.

"Nagsesend si Anj ng picture from the bachelorette party," I said as I laughed out loud again. Seriously? Gipit na ba talaga sa pera si Steele? Why would he even agree to dance for our friends?!

"You wanna go?" he asked.

Ibinaba ko iyong phone ko. Sinandal ko iyong ulo ko sa balikat niya. "Nah. I'll see them in Balesin," sagot ko. Tumingala ako para makita ko iyong mukha niya. "Are we back together?" I asked.

Tinignan niya rin ako. I was so tempted to kiss him, but I wanted to clarify things first. We're both older, but I was damn sure that our feelings never wavered. I never stopped loving him... and I was sure that Jax never stopped, too. Because if he did? We wouldn't be here. Not after everything that we've been through...

Only love is strong enough to allow us to brave all those storms.

"Do you swear not to force me to break up with you?"

I nodded. "Only if you promise not to put me first in everything."

He wrinkled his nose. "I won't promise that."

I frowned. "We'll go in circles. Because I know I'll put you first, tapos you'll put me first din. So, ano? Ganon lagi?"

He shrugged. "This is the only time that I'll use the patriarch card. Let me take care of you. No more discussion," he said, then he leaned in to kiss me. "I love you."