Chapter 34

#PTG34 Chapter 34

"You're not innocent, Mrs. Ramirez," Iñigo continued. Naka-tayo siya sa harap ko, naka-tingin sa mga mata ko... pero kahit na ganoon, patuloy lamang ang paglabas ng kasinungalingan sa kanyang bibig... na para bang sanay na sanay siya doon...

I wanted to understand him. It was his job... but I was past understanding him. He should've known that the moment he decided to use my unborn child.

"You convinced Kier to ditch his bodyguards. You planned to use the rest house in Batangas, perfectly knowing that there are no houses near... not even a CCTV camera, which was very unusual. Then you waited until he was most unsuspecting... plunging the kitchen knife in his chest... waiting for him to draw his last breath..."

I stared him in the eye, wishing for him to feel the intensity of the rage that I felt against him. I hated the Ramirez... but I hated Iñigo more. He was my friend—they weren't. He knew me. He should've known that I was never capable of everything he was saying that I did.

"I have no more follow up statament, Your Honor," Iñigo said as he finished his argument of how I planned to kill Kier because he caused me to lose my child. Tanging malalim na paghinga ko lamang ang naririnig ko. Tanging galit lamang ang bumabalot sa dibdib ko.

Jax squeezed my hand before he stood for his argument. I wanted to look at him, but my entire system could not get past the fact that Iñigo repeatedly said in front of the entire court the fact that I lost a child. Para akong biglang nabuhay sa bangungot na pilit kong kinalimutan. Sa bawat pagbanggit niya ng katotohanan na wala na akong anak, na ni hindi ko man lang siya nahawakan, parang unti-unti niya akong pinapatay.

"Dr. Castro," Jax said, standing in front of the witness stand. His back was on me, but even then, I could feel his rage from where I was sitting. Ramdam ko iyon sa higpit ng hawak niya sa aking kamay kanina. Kinuha niya iyong papel, at mabilis iyong tinignan. "You are Mrs. Ramirez's doctor, as you mentioned."

"Yes, that's right."

"Aside from what you mentioned earlier about the miscarriage," Jax began. "What else does Mrs. Ramirez consult with you?"

"Prescription pills."

"For?"

"Birth control."

"And for how long has she been taking this birth control pills?"

"For two years now."

Humarap sa amin si Jax. "Mrs. Ramirez had been married with Kieran Ramirez for two years... And Mrs. Ramirez had been taking birth control for two years, too... Based on those facts, it can be rationally concluded that Mrs. Ramirez wasn't yet ready to build a family. Am I right in saying that, Dr. Castro?"

Dr. Castro nodded. "Yes. Based on my conversation with Mrs. Ramirez, she repeatedly said that she still wasn't ready to have a child... You are right to say that."

Naglakad siya hanggang sa huminto siya sa harap ko. He was looking me in the eye... as if he was telling me to be strong... because he was right when he said that the fight was just beginning. That he'd do anything, everything to get me out.

"How would Mrs. Ramirez even hold a grudge against Kieran Ramirez, when in fact, she wasn't even ready to start a family? It was very evident in her consistent taking of pills for the entirety of the marriage," he said. "I rest my case, Your Honor."

Halos hindi ako maka-hinga habang hinihintay ang susunod na magaganap. Hindi ko alam kung sino ang susunod na tatawagin. Ang tanging alam ko lang ay kung paano ko gustong matapos na ang lahat ng ito. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan ko kakayanin na pakinggan sila habang pinag-uusapan nila ang bawat detalye ng aking buhay.