F I V E

based off 11.10
the devil in the details

~*~

     Juno dropped her bag on the her bed as she and Cas had gotten back from their third hunt that week. She began pulling out the dirty and bloody clothes, throwing them towards the basket in the corner of the room. She took a deep breath, falling down onto her bed. Her phone chimed next to her, Juno rolling her eyes. She picked it up, noticing it to be a text from Dean. 

     Hope you and Cas are done with the hunt. I already called him. There's a problem. You need to hit the road. 

     She sat up with furrowed eyebrows, beginning to stand as she left her room. She looked down the hall to see Cas standing there outside of his room. 

     "Aw, hell," Juno muttered. She stepped into her room, grabbing her coat, gun, and an angel blade. Then she turned and followed Cas out of the bunker. She drove where Cas told her to, eventually stopping as she saw Dean vomiting on the side of the road. She pulled over, stopping the car as her and Cas got out.

     "Dean," Cas said as they walked towards him. 

     "We came as soon as you called. Are you alright?" Juno questioned with furrowed eyebrows. 

    "Cas? Juno?" Dean questioned. He turned, getting sick once again. 

     "You're not alright," Cas said grabbing Dean's shoulder. Juno paused, a sudden uneasy falling in her stomach. She turned, getting sick as well. Cas turned to her, eyes writing worry. "Something's wrong." 

     "Obviously. What's wrong with me? Us?" Dean said pointing between him and Juno. Cas sat Juno down, then opened her eyes, inspecting them. 

     "What are you doing?" she asked weakly. 

    "Stick out your tongue," Cas instructed her. 

     "What?" she asked confused. Nevertheless, she opened her mouth, Cas looking in her mouth. She pulled away from his grip, leaning her head back against the Impala as she looked weaker than a few seconds ago. "Alright, are we done?" 

     "No," Cas said as he held a finger up. "Let me take your temperature." Juno's eyes widened as she swatted away his hand. 

     "No... that's not going to happen," she said shaking her head. 

     "How far are we from the event?" Cas asked looking over at Dean. 

     "You mean the angel nuke?" he asked raising an eyebrow. 

     "No, the carnival," Juno said glaring at Dean. "Obviously the nuke." 

     "Ground zero is about a mile down that way," Dean said as he pointed in that direction. 

     "That explains it. You're both suffering from smiting sickness," 

     "That... that's a thing?" Dean asked in disbelief. 

     "Yeah. The angels... what they did... it released a tremendous amount of energy and there's fallout, so this whole area is poisoned," Cas explained as he looked around. 

    "You can heal us right?" Dean asked eagerly. 

     "No, I can't and the closer you get to the blast site the worse your sickness will become," Cas said to him.