11. LET'S EXPERIMENT!

Start from the beginning

"Moving the dead,
Calling the soul,
Make the object,
Fill it with soul"

And with a snap of her fingers, the objects around the room start to shake and move. The object spiralling around the room like tornado causing Shide to panic while Liwei stunned in his seat. But quickly, Liwei points to the undo spell in the book for Shide to chant.

"Soul of the object,
Filling a hole,
Stop the calling,
Return as stone!"

And with the snap of her fingers, the object stop moving and falls down to the floor. Shide who was gritting her teeth, released a sigh. Who would have thought, the spells cause chaos?!

Liwei, who have been quiet the whole time, pointed to a fine print at the bottom of the page.

"WARNING: This spell can only be use in a void space where the intended inanimate object of interest is the only object around. If it is use in a space where there were many object around, it will cause turbulence"

'Da' hell?!! The fine prints is too small to even be noticed! Kids, read the fine prints before signing any contracts!'. Shide was furious. She nearly flinging the book to the nearby dustbin.

Seeing the woman bedside him was eyeing the dustbin, Liwei closed the book and shot her a look.

"I'm not thinking of throwing it! Well, maybe I was thinking about it but I wouldn't do it for real!", Shide quickly said as she felt the chill caused by Liwei's look.

Liwei suddenly asked, "Didn't witch can do some simple magic?", Shide nodded." Well now, make that flower blooms", as he pointed at the single rose on top of the table.

"Simple enough", she replied. With a snap of her fingers, the flower blooms.

"Now, maybe a spell?", pointing pat the windows. Shide look out and saw a guy slapping a girl's cheek. The girl fell down crying and shouting. While the guy just walk away. "Now, make that guy trips!", Liwei demanded.

Happily, Shide chanted a spell,

."Flinging his fist,
Her cheek was hit,
Not with a fist,
But make him trip!"

Suddenly, the guy trips and with him falling, he catches a guy riding a bicycle. While the guy who was riding fell, the bicycle move forward and hitting an expensive looking car. A guy come out and started to shout. While the man on the bike pointing at the asshole who just hit a girl, both of them started to shout at him. And all the while, the girl who was crying earlier, stop crying and going forward to that guy. But contrary to drama where usually the girl will stupidly defended the heartless guy, the girl also started to shout at him while pointing and starring daggers at him. The guy at this moment was kneeling on the road and people passing by also give him look of contempt.

After 10 minutes, the guy with the expensive car simply took the crying girl and with tenderness, put her in his car, the kneeling guy just watch... with a shocked face. And even after the car left, the guy just look at the direction the car just left.

Shide this moment is like watching an opera. It's been a while since she did some good 'deed' with her powers. So she was feeling smug at this moment. Catching the look in her eyes, Liwei simply said, "Um... I thought it will be better".

"What do you mean?", Shide asked.

"Well, the guy didn't cry in the end. If he cry, then this drama would wrapped up better".

Shide froze and look at Liwei, 'is this Ceo right in the head? This is not a drama. Why seeing a guy cry make him satisfied? Does he have a cry- fetish? Does it even exist?'. She's puzzled.

Seeing this dumb look on her face, Liwei once again shot at her, "This dumb look really suits you and look the best on you".

Right at this moment, Shide realized that a waiter has been standing beside behind her. Because she was sitting looking out to the window and the door situated behind her, naturally she didn't see the waiter enter with their dishes. But after seeing him, Shide quickly stop her action to chant a spell.

The waiter is looking at a blushed Shide and thinking 'this couple way of showing affection is truly exceptional'. He was under the impression the sentence Liwei just utter was a compliment on Shide. So he just smile and nodded his head a couple of times to Shide seemingly to say, 'yes, it's true. A dumb look is the best on miss' face'.

As the waiter walked away after arranging all the dishes, Shide is feeling very bitter inside. 'Now even a waiter said I'm dumb. With what eyes they see me as dumb?'. She nursed her own heart.

Looking at the dumb and bitter Shide, Liwei quickly masked his smile and tasting the food. "Eat", he said.

Moving her hand, Shide obediently eat while still nursing her heart. They eat quietly with each entertain their own thought.

After drinking some wine, they left the restaurant to the direction of Liwei's car. But suddenly, he stops.
"I drank wine so I couldn't drive".

"But I don't know how to drive your car", said Shide eyeing Liwei's car.

"I didn't say I wanted you to drive my car", with a look on Shide's face.

"...then what are you suggesting? At this time, even the hired driver and taxis are out of the question", Shide said as this is a peak hour where usually the fare of taxi's will be high and on demand. It will be hard to get a taxi.

"Naturally, my driver will pick me up. But as for you, you could just fly on your broomstick", Liwei nonchalantly said.

'But Boss, at this era where will a witch fly on a broomstick? Everyone will see her and now its everyone use robot vacuum cleaners. Where will she steal a broom from? All the shops are even closed'.

Looking at her again, he open his mouth, "I could send you home but you will owe me".

Thinking a debt of sending her home was not gonna be a problem. She will just treat him to a dinner or buy him coffee in a cafe. She nodded and trying to flatter him, "Yes, Boss is so nice. Please send me home".

Looking at a pleading Shide, he smile (if it could be called a smile. Maybe a slight smile?).

At this moment, a silver limo arrived at the road and Liwei enter with Shide. "Send Miss Wu to her house", Liwei said while sitting at the back of the limo.

Shide was feeling slightly claustrophobic at this time sitting in a compartment with Liwei. She didn't understand this man and spending more time with him, sometimes she couldn't fathom this stone-face- man. She didn't want to be near him. And thinking about the time she bullied this man in the dream world, she grieved. 'Why has she bullied him so much? She nearly even caused him to die'. She is so not looking forward to her days in the future. Her days are numbered. 'Should she just quit her job?'. But she loves her job no matter how tiring it is. For now, she would lay low and observed the situation.

Liwei is closing his eyes but from a slit of his eye, he can see Shide is uncomfortable and looking like a meerkat. He nearly laugh but suppress himself. His careful plan couldn't be interfere. So with an iron grip of his heart he pretend to sleep while the other is turning to a meerkat.