Chapter Six: Kiloni

Once the harshest sting of the trauma had somewhat worn off, the trio of former Resistance heroes returned to Bunker 4.

Finn and Poe discussed the logistics of somehow reuniting the Resistance, which consisted of Finn tossing out ideas and Poe promptly shooting them down.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, Finn, but none of that's realistic right now..." Poe finally sighed. "At this point, we should just put someone else in charge. Maybe they'll come back."

"But you're the best one for the job," Finn objected. "Nobody's got your kind of experience."

Poe shook his head and rubbed his tired eyes. "No, Finn... To them, I'm a traitor."

Rey ignored all the chatter, silently resting against the wall with her arms crossed. The mental and physical toll of the last two days had finally caught up with her.

She let her eyes drift closed for just a second, letting her mind wander. It all too quickly went to the memory of her hand resting on the back of a lifeless blue-cloaked form, one that she dared not to name or else...

Her eyes shot open and she tried to quell the sudden moisture that stung behind them.

Once more, she deliberately closed her eyes and tried to keep her thoughts away from Leia. All was well... she was succeeding... she had honed her focus well over the years.

Suddenly, her skin blazed hot and a massive wasteland of sand stretched before her, framed only by a brilliant blue sky.

This place felt familiar.

Kiloni, a soft whisper trembled.

Before she understood what was happening, a rippling wave of darkness roared over the sands and encapsulated her. She couldn't see. Couldn't hear. Couldn't feel. There was nothing but the thrumming of her own heart and the panting of her own lungs.

Kiloni, the whisper trembled again.

Suddenly, she understood she was in a building of sorts. A single beam of light appeared, casting a neat square on the floor several meters in front of her. Something was there. She edged a careful stride towards it. Then, everything was gone as quickly as it had come.

Disoriented, she fell to the floor with a gasp. She glanced up, but she was only surrounded by familiar readouts and equipment.

"Rey!" Finn began with a start. "Are you okay?"

When she looked up, some emotion filled her eyes that Finn had never seen before. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew it wasn't good.

When she answered, her voice trembled. "I don't know."

Finn would have asked what had happened, but he knew that this Jedi stuff was way beyond his league. So, instead, he patiently waited for her to explain.

She looked away, back to the spot where she'd been standing. Suddenly, she understood what she'd seen. Or at least part of it. She looked back to Finn and announced, "I have to go back to Jakku."

"Back to Jakku—" Poe sputtered, nearly throwing his holopad to the floor.

"Something's there," Rey continued. "Answers."

Poe breathed out his frustration, ran his hand through his hair, and began more patiently, "Not now. I can't have you running off to some backwater planet. I need you here to help me rebuild. Please."

"There's something important there," Rey repeated. "Something that might help us."

"Might help us?" Poe repeated skeptically. He breathed a deep sigh, crossed his arms, and turned around to pace for a moment. He stopped and looked over his shoulder. "I'd be all for it, but if the First Order found you and—"