Chapter Seventeen

-JOE'S POV- I turned around to find it was William, the head of security aboard the train. I'd talked to him a few times already an hopefully this would be the last. "Joe, remember what I said? It's best if you stay inside your cabin. And let us handle this. Theres no need to be a hero here." he pointed to our room as to tell me I needed to go back now. But I lied. "Look, I just need to go to the bathroom." "oh." he said. "go on ahead Mr. Jonas. I can escort you of you'd like?" "thank you but that won't be necessary." I walked away hoping he wouldn't follow me anyway. When I got to the end of the hallway where the bathroom is, I saw the window of the train was completely open. But since we were still stopped no one noticed. And when I got closer I saw something that caught my eye. It was part of a ripped shirt. I tried to remember where I had seen the pattern before. Then it hit me. It was his shirt. I knew it. Then I put two and two together and realized he was on the roof. I looked to my left and saw the security talking at the end of the hallway. When I turned back I saw a man standing in front of me. "aren't you Joe?" "yes." I said wondering how he knew me. "yeah, you're not supposed to be out here." I was screwed. But then I realized, I'm not going to let this stop me. This guy needs to be stopped. "you are correct. I'll head back immediately. Thank you." I started to walk back and when I saw him go the opposite direction I made a B line back to the window. When I got there I climbed out and went on top of the train. Adrenaline and all.