eighteen: "love"

Davina woke up earlier than usual. She got ready for school, adam waiting for her to drop her off. She grabbed her backpack and walked downstairs to see Robert cooking eggs. She smiled at him.

"Good morning, D! Wait can I call you d? Or is that only limited to certain people?" Robert asked as he placed the cooked eggs on a plate and placed it on the table.

"No, it's alright! You can call me D, or maybe even your daughter." She said and sat beside him.

"I'll call you my daughter if you feel comfortable with it." Robert said placing a cup of coffee on the table. "Are you comfortable with it?"

Davina sighed and picked up the cup of coffee. "Dad, I'm comfortable with you around. I'm comfortable with you calling me D, I'm comfortable with you being my dad."

"Okay. But you're still not getting that coffee. C'mon, it's bad for you." Robert ruffled her hair and took the cup of coffee from her.

She chuckled and noticed adam wasn't around. "Where's Adam? He's usually on the couch watching some crappy show by now."

"The world needed him to be a hero today." Rober responded and saw that they only had a few minutes before he had to go to work and davina had to go to school. "Looks like you're eating in the car,"

"What? I had time. Like a few minutes ago!" She protested and grabbed her bag, and her pink lemonade from the fridge.

"I'll drop you off. Then after school, lunch is on me," robert said and grabbed his jacket and car keys. The father and daughter walked out of the house that Robert had bought right after Davina found out the truth. He wanted them to be a real family.

"Dad, you said that last time. And the time before that. Oh! How about we split today. After we eat, we have got to go see that new movie I was talking to you about!" Davina didn't notice that Robert had stopped walking and was now looking at her.

"What? Do you not want to go see the movie? We could do something else."

"No, movies sound good, it's just... you called me dad." He smiled at her.

"Well you are my dad. It sounds nice calling you dad."

\\//
//\\

Juniper squealed as she saw her best friend enter the school. "You cannot believe what I just heard!"

"Okay, by the looks of it, I'm guessing it's good news." Davina walked with juniper to her locker.

"It's good news. I promise. So I heard that a certain someone is going to ask you out on a date! We can finally go on double dates! Wait till Ned hears this!" Juniper hugged Davina tight before letting go.

"Okay cool." Davina said, getting out her science textbook and closing her locker.

"That's all you have to say?"

"Yeah. J, I told you that I don't like Flash that way! He's not my type. Never will be!"

"Oh sweetie, no. Not Flash!" Juniper shook her head, leaning against the lockers.

"Then who?" Davina asked

Juniper didn't say anything because Peter was walking over to them with a small smile on his lips. "Hey, guys. How are you on this lovely morning-"

"Okay cut the shit, ask her Parker!" Juniper interrupted him.

"Juniper!" Davina scolded her. "Sorry, Peter. She's clearly had too much sugar in her system today. I'm great! Juniper is leaving right now. So..." she turned her gaze to her best friend.

"But Juniper doesn't want to." She said until she saw ned waving at her. "Nevermind, Juniper likes what she sees!" She ran to Ned's direction.

Davina chuckled. "Heard Tony wanted you on the team,"

Peter nodded and let out a sigh. "Yeah, Mr. Stark did want me on the team. How cool is that? I'm ready for the missions and everything! I think I can handle it."

"Are you sure? Maybe Queens still needs our friendly neighborhood spiderman?" Davina said in a low voice as she looked at the ground. "Maybe I still need you?"

"And I'll always be there for you. Wherever you are." Peter said and reached for her hand, but the bell had cut off their moment they were having.

Students rushed to their classes, but Davina and Peter didn't move. "I have biology next, and you have spanish right?" She asked him.

"Yeah, why?"

"Porque quiero besarte ahora mismo y comer pizza en una azotea." She said in spanish.

"Wow okay that was a lot of words. Go slow, I'm only in Spanish two." Peter complained.

"I want to kiss you right now and eat pizza on a rooftop you dumbass!" She said and took his hand, walking towards the exit and making sure no teacher saw them.

\\//
//\\

"Dude, whenever I need pizza, I'll just ask that I know Peter parker and bam! Discount!" Davina ate her pizza slice, feet dangling from a hammock that Peter had made with his webs on top of the rooftop of the apartment building that Peter lived in.

"Yeah, the owner loves me." He smiled and grabbed another slice from the box.

"Huh, the owner and I have something in common." Davina said, setting her slice down.

"You must be the square root of negative one because there is no way that you can be real." Peter said without thinking.

"What?"

"Uh, uh. You have really pretty eyes!" He panicked.

"Okay that's it." She said, grabbing his shirt collar and pulling him towards her. Peter didn't want the moment to end, but life found a moment because the next thing he knew, he was falling off of the roof.

"Peter!" Davina called out and ran down all the flights of stairs. Once she reached the bottom, she began to search for him.

"Pete!" She yelled out.

"You smell pretty." Peter's voice from behind her made her jump. She turned around and saw Peter dangling from part of the fire escape.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"D, I think you forgot that I'm spiderman."

"Well even superheroes get hurt."

Davina stared at Peter's lips and leaned in again. For her, it wasn't easy kissing Peter when he was hanging upside down, but she didn't mind.

"It's hard confessing my love for you when you're hanging upside down." Davina confessed and chuckled, but continued to kiss the guy who she loved.