Kitten Kisses

Summary: After finding the Neko Dan at his front door, Phil takes him in. His life proves to be far more interesting with Dan in it.

Word Count: 2400

No one had ever told Phil what to do in case a homeless Neko came knocking at his door. In fact, it wasn't something he'd expected to happen at all, yet here he was, face to face with said Neko, it's hair greasy, clothes thoroughly ripped up. It was unfair to call the Neko an "it", but with all the mud on it's face, their gender wasn't immediately clear. Their voice was rough from what he presumed to be not being used.

The echos of a "can you help me?" rang in his ears. His immediate reaction was to of course let it in, and though contact between Nekos and humans wasn't as frowned upon as it once was, there would always be the slightest hint of prejudice left behind by years of discrimination society had pushed onto the minority. Phil always thought it was unfair how Nekos were treated, but there wasn't very much he could do about it.

"Of course," he said finally, holding the door open so the Neko could walk through, "come in." It occurred to him that there were so many other houses the Neko could have gone to. Why had they chosen his apartment?

The Neko stood, shivering in the hallway, what looked like a tail wrapped around their legs almost protectively. Phil couldn't expect the Neko to be comfortable around him already, that was to much to ask this early on.

What was he doing? Just staring at the poor thing, cold and probably hungry as hell but too scared to say anything.

"Do you want a bath?" He asked finally. The Neko nodded slowly, like it was unsure whether the offer was genuine or not. Phil led them to the bathroom to run a bath, making sure to use a lot of bubbles because who doesn't like bubbles? He left the Neko in the bathroom while he went to his room to find some clothes. He picked out a bright blue T-shirt and pyjama bottoms, but they obviously didn't have a hole for a tail. He thought for a moment; surely it would be uncomfortable for the Neko to have its tail hidden away, so he picked up a pair of scissors from his desk and hacked away until a suitable hole was formed. These scissors weren't really made for fabric, so it wasn't very neat, but he could buy some proper Neko clothes tomorrow.

"Here you are," Phil said, putting the folded clothes on the laundry bin, "some clean clothes for when you're finished." The Neko looked up at Phil with wide eyes and unspoken "thank you"s. Phil turned the taps off before leaving the room. He could have sworn he heard a sob from the other side of the door.

*

Phil wasn't doing anything in particular when he heard someone enter the living room, his eyes merely skimming over the words of the book he was trying to read. Upon looking up, the Neko looked so much better and it was now clear that the Neko was a man around Phil's own age.

His brown curls were now bouncy and shiny, tail clean and glossy, but most importantly, he had the hint of a smile on his face.

"You didn't have to cut up your clothes for me." He said quietly, still standing in the doorway.

"I wanted to, really," Phil smiled, "besides, I have too many pyjama bottoms for one person." The Neko didn't look convinced, but he must have decided there was no point pushing the matter, for a moment later, he was on the sofa, curled in on himself.

"So what's your name?"

The Neko peeked up from behind his knees, tucked neatly in front of his face. He was kind of cute.

"I'm Dan."

Dan was a nice name. It actually suited him rather well, despite the fact he'd known him for little over an hour.

Phan Smut Oneshots {Discontinued}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara