Chapter Thirty-Eight - Matthew's POV:

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Sir?”

I swear I was going to kill Marc Ward, and this time I was far away from joking.

*

I looked one more time at her blooded clothes before I got up determined to end that mother*cker’s life even if it was the last thing I was to do on this earth.

I grabbed my gun from the first drawer next to the double bed and made sure it was filled with the maximum number of bullets to shoot the asshole right in his cr0tch.

So the gun was ready but I needed directions. I needed to know where was the IVC headquarters was before I was to attack anyone.

I called the only number that could help me right now.

“Hello?” The familiar thick voice answered.

“Dad, I need your help.”

I could feel that he was happy that I called him for the first time since his affair with Chloe’s mom.

“Just ask son.”

“I want you to locate wherever the  f*ck the IVC are hiding.”

“Why?” He asked suddenly feeling my anger.

“I just want to check something.”

He fell silent for few seconds debating on whether to believe me or not. Finally he spoke with a loud sigh:

“I’ll send you the destination’s address in few seconds.”

“Okay dad.”

There was more silence before he spoke in a warning voice:

“Son, don’t do something stupid on your own.”

“Bye dad.” I said impatiently hanging the phone without waiting for him to say it back.

*

I stopped at a tattoo and piercings’ shop hoping the owner was there. He greeted me politely before pulling out all kinds of piercings and tattoo designs in front of me.

“Actually, I want something a little different from what you usually deal with.” I said pushing the things back to him.

“How different?” He asked putting everything back to it’s place.

“I want you to pierce this golden chain into my inner cheek.”

He tilted his head to the side thinking it over in his head before he said in an expressionless voice:

“You don’t seem that kind of person that puts on piercings in weird places, but it’s cool man, let’s get to work as long as you pay.”

I had already began to like this guy.

*

It hurt like a knife cutting through my veins but I felt a little better knowing that it was fairly hidden from the IVC in a place they will never guess.

I still felt pain in my inner cheek as I rolled my tongue into the chain. I had no time to waste and think of a better place to hide it.

I had no clear reason to head to the IVC headquarters alone, but I knew that if I informed Ian and the others the IVC might decide to harm Chloe, that is if she was even alive.

Chloe.

Everything just reminded me of her. I was never going to forgive myself if they had managed to…

I couldn’t even risk saying the word.

I cursed every second I made her cry, I wanted to kill myself for torturing her and accusing her of loving that jerk Marc. I was so raged at myself for acting like a d!ck head to her the entire time she swallowed my stupid jealousy and continued to love me.