Chapter Twenty-Eight:

 Get ready in half an hour I’m coming to pick you up. Wear a dress please we are going to a party.

-Marc

I had no idea when did he even come inside my house to have the enough time to hang up the note on the fridge but with Marc I no more questioned anything. He seemed to make everything go his way even if it was to get something locked under the seventh ground.

I didn’t feel like going out to a party at all, I was relaxed in front of the TV. If anyone would have ordered me the way he did I would kicked have them right in then but there were other factors that forced me to obey Marc’s orders without argument.

I walked to the shower and opened the cold water tap. Whenever I felt this angry I would cool it off with freezing water. It did me well and soon I wasn’t even angry or upset anymore.

I opened my closet and to my greatest surprise there was a beautiful red short dress that gave a full view of my back but perfectly centered to show my slim waist. I don’t remember buying this dress. There was a note though stuck on the front of the dress and it said:

I want to see you in this dress. I knew that it was made for you the minute I saw it in the shop.

Hell I had no idea if I was supposed to feel touched by this sweet gesture or cautious about Marc suddenly acting this nice. He was so good at playing with my emotions. I would think he’s back one second then the next the evil in him is back.

After I was done with my hair that was pulled in a high bun with two strands curled and left loose on the front, I spent sometime doing my make-up careful not to look like I bothered. Just a little would do the job. I wore my white heeled sandals and a matching white bag. I looked in the mirror and to be honest I looked a little above average this time but there was something wrong with my face. I stood closer to the mirror wanting to figure out what was wrong but then I just ran quickly downstairs, I couldn’t even care to look good in front of that monster.

I opened the front door to wait for him outside and to my greatest surprise he was right there at the door. His jaw dropped on the floor when his eyes landed at me. I smiled nervously wishing that I had stayed upstairs and did a little more effort on my face.

“Hold on Marc, I have to go upstairs fix something.” I said in a low voice hoping he won’t notice my embarrassment. He grabbed my hand quickly and raised it up to his lips.

“You look absolutely perfect.”

I felt myself blush at his words. He didn’t drop my gaze for a second making my face burn even more.

He lifted his other hand and ran it on my cheek bones looking straight into my eyes a smile playing on his lips.

“Now you suit the dress even more with that blush.” He said in a composed voice not blinking for once.

“Thanks I guess.” I said shakily dropping my gaze down. Our foreheads touched for a second before he tilted his head and gave me a very gentle kiss on the lips and to my greatest surprise I was actually kissing him back.

I pushed him away slightly realizing what I have just done. He flinched for a second searching my face but I just looked down avoiding his eyes. Finally he sat up straight and dragged me towards his car.  Not dropping his smile for once he opened my door for me then went to the driver’s seat and started the car.