Porsche's P.O.V1

"And even with me he can sometimes be so..." Joana stopped in the middle of her sentence, stunned to silence.

I slowly turned around and was nearly face to face with Ian. In a tone that- although quiet-would melt ice, Ian smiled and said:

"I am what, without you, Joana?"

I felt like crawling under a rock as Joana's face turned approximately the same color as her hair. Attempting an explanation, Joana stuttered and failed, choosing instead to blush at the floor. Ian smiled, and it felt like someone had turned on a candle in my chest.

Woah. Calm down, skippy.

Ian cocked an eyebrow and grinned. "Let's not tout our own virtues, shall we, Joana? Because we all know who would win, don't we? Besides, we also know who signs all of your very generous paychecks, do we not?"

Shamed to silence, Joana simply nodded her head.

So this was Ian Somerhalder, executive multimillionaire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was beginning to have second thoughts about my employment, but decided not to voice my restraints.

If Joana could be shamed in front of a new employee, then Ian would not have any problems reprimanding his new underling.

Namely, me.

I looked into Ian's eyes and steeled myself.

I had the strangest feeling that they weren't looking at me so much as they were looking through me.

I flashed my most radiant smile- try to make a good impression, right?

"We'll be working quite close, Porsche.. I want my first P.A. to be my best P.A."

What was he saying? Did he just call me... his?

"Get it?" Ian's blue eyes were boring into my soul as I nodded to a commitment I wasn't sure I was ready to take.

"Welcome to Summer's Holder."